new here with a 3.8L FWD Buick

Does the 3.8L bolt up to a T-56 or T-5? note Im planing to run a manual, i have a T-5 but i know i will break it with the 3.8L at stock boost.

Where are the fuel lines located on a TTA driver or pass? What starter would i use?

Do yourself a favor and go find a complete gn drivetrain and swap it in the car. Don't try to piece it together-there's more than you think.

Do yourself a favor and go find a complete gn drivetrain and swap it in the car. Don't try to piece it together-there's more than you think.

Free 3.8L engine with 200 miles on it why not do it, if it was an old tired engine ya i would agree. Hey what the hell why not do it good learning experiance :biggrin: i like learning the hard way :rolleyes:

That's cool and all but pretty sure the mounting points are different on the fwd blocks. If you got the whole engine setup and want to experiment I have one for you. I think the only "experiment" that has not been tried but has been talked about over and over is converting a n/a carb buick v6 and converting it to FI utilizing the FWD fuel injection. Basically junkyard fuel injection on the cheap for easy horsepower for the n/a guys. We all know the intake isn't gonna work from all the previous discussions. Why not try a GN intake and plenum?? If you wanna try something else cheap that would be different get yourself a turbo v6 motor and go blow-thru carb. It would be a way cheaper alternative than building/fabbing a gn SFI setup. Oh, I can tell you already the T5 isn't gonna hold up to a turbo v6, they can't even hold up toa stock 350 half the time and its proven a manual behind these motors just don't belong. I like learning the hard way too. You should see the junk that's in my garage!

im not even going to try now, im tryin to figure out what i want to do for my car i've narrowed it down to 3.4L/3500 hybrid (*60 V6), LT1/T-56 or a Buick turbo like the GN/TTA which btw how much do the engines go for? Without turbo?

You can usually get a complete setup I've seen range from 1300-3500. All depends on the seller and condition. Watcht eh parts for sale like a hawk to get the best parts for the least money! Or you could do the LS1 TURBO thing. You'll have to go the the turbo v8 section of this board for info on that though. I think for what you wanna do it would be a little easier to accomplish. If you are stuck on the SFI IC setup go to the hybrid section and strike up a chit chat there. Lots of third gen camaros with these power plants.

I would just save your money and fish an LT1 or an LS1 out of a wrecking yard somewhere. Yank the 3.1/5 speed combo out of the 'Maro and sell it. Use the Buick for a daily (if you don't already have one) until you get the project finished. If you already have a reliable daily driver, than sell the Buick too for some extra cash. Otherwise, this could turn into one of those "lost interest" projects due to parts chasing and problems.. Or if you REALLY want a turbo car, then yeah, try an LC2. Otherwise, just stick with a V8 swap.

Bltturbointakepipe1.jpg

Now am doing the 6 speed manual conversion...
BLT6speedturbopipe2.jpg

BLTF40inside.jpg

go here for more.
The Lesabre T-type Forums :: View topic - 3800 S1 TURBOCHARGE / INTERCOOLER /6 SPEED....BLT... w/Pic
:biggrin:

Oh my god, its my dream DD:eek: . Gotta give us detailed instructions on how to do this:cool: FWD (snow) 3800 (awesome gas mileage) and a 2 door-phookin supah!

its more work than he can describe to anyone. lots of custom fabrication. lots of additional wiring cus he converted to OBD2. you really have to know these cars up and down before you can even think about attemting this.

if your serious about a turbo then you should really consider swapping in a series 2 L67 out of a 96-99 bonneville then buying a turbo kit for it once you get it in it just drops in. Buy a parts car if you are going this route that way you will have everything you need and you can upgrade other things as well.