New Hawk brake pads

Turbo6Smackdown

The brake system is totally stock, and I'm assuming original from 1987. The powermaster went out a few weeks before the sale in 2005, so he put a reman on it before I picked it up. It worked pretty good too. Had some horrible squeal so I put some new (cheapo) pads on it and nothing. Ditched those and went with Bosch ceramics and power slot or power stop (cant remember which) drilled & slotted rotors all from auto zone. No squeal but it easily doubled my stopping distance. Yanked the rotors and replaced with stock style. The squeal was absolutely horrible. I mean this was the loudest car I have ever heard. The squealing was ear piercing. I think I bled from the ears one day. Changed out the pads and the squeal got a little quieter but never really went away. I coudln't complain because they stopped awesome. They were some cheapos as well. Over the last year, my brakes went to shit. The pedal travel is a little longer now and they don't stop as well. Bought some Hawk HPS pads and threw them on 2 days ago. The pads I took off had almost no wear (TONS of dust though) but had two cracks in them already. Both sides. The Hawk pads squeal very little, but really changed the way my car stops now. These things really do work. I'm impressed-for now. I'm very hard to please. I have really high standards.
Can't imagine how it's going to stop when I put braided lines on and bleed with new DOT 4 fluid.