New Guy

TheBusGuy

Hey everybody just like to say hello and am glad to be part of the group. I joined because I am a fan of buicks & just bought a 87 GN to complete the collection of buicks I have. But THATS where the problem is I have 2 other buick a 73 buick gs riviera stg-1 and a 72 buick GS 455 skylark now this 87 is great and all but... i done broke it already :frown: and thats why I am here. I need some help have no clue really about turbos just a basic understanding. I have the hole NA 455 thing down but am lost with the gn. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right way. The car in question was running great had a few small upgrades but as i was passing a truck on the interstate I put her to the floor board and LOTS of smoke started to fill the cabin and behind me i was laying black smoke all over. As I pulled off the road and opened the hood the breather on the passenger head came off an sprayed oil all over the motor. Oh good I thought but as I shut her down and put the breather back on I saw smoke rollin out of the back pipes! i started her back up and now the car has a slight miss, smokes like a city bus on take off and just today I pulled ALL the plugs (they where ok none burt off) and they where wet really wet with oil. Took the pipe off from the turbo to the intercooler off and no signs off oil, so I am now lost. The car ran GREAT before no smoke no over heating no strange noises. Any idea guys? I thought I should come to the experts on gns. But the car still starts great has good oil press, and still no over heating, but it smells like burnt oil the vacum jumps around and im getting back pressure though my intake I can tell because its putting bubbles in my meth tank. Any help from the experts at turbo buick would be a great help Thanks. Emerson

Hello and welcome, I also have a GS (1971 4 speed, lime green mist color)
I'm not sure what the problem could be with your GN, I'm thinking bad oil rings, but I do think it would be wise to just pull the motor and rebuild it.

Welcome aboard Emerson. Always glad to have a new member. Please go to your user controls and add some info, like location. This will help others to know where you are if they're nean and can help you. I have a feeling you need to run a conpression test at the very least to see if the engine is hurt. Post this question in the general section and you should get more responses.

Welcome to TurboBuick.COM, Emerson. You might want to take a look at the motor section and see if someone doesn't have similar symptoms as you are describing.