New guy w/ a Series II

WarShrike

Loud, slow, obscene.
Joining up here to scavenge from the knowledge base here :)

I've already done one build that is just an NA application, but plan to go forced induction with the next engine. Figured I'd make the best of it and learn from this forum since there are some similarities between the older V6's and mine.

I own a 2000 Pontiac Firebird, pulled the valve covers at 135K miles to start doing a cam swap and found horrible oil sludge. Decided to pull it apart entirely and rebuild it in the hopes of getting a little more efficiency out of it and learn a lot in the process. Boy howdy did I ever learn.

I'm at 150K miles on that engine, ~15K miles on the new build with some teething issues that are all knocked out now and looking for the next step. I'm in the process of doing a T56 swap (yes, there are adapters out there). And then I'll move to the fun stuff of building a block for boost. I've owned the car since 60K miles when I bought it in 2002 and haven't felt the desire to sell it.

Basic list of mods:
Intense S1X NA cam
60°Inclusive Heads & Intake
Force Fed Fabs stainless longtubes
TCI Super Street Fighter 3800 stall
Lots of suspension parts, built trans, etc.
Speedline Mistral 17" wheels (kinda rare)

I'll post pictures later and all that fun stuff, here's a link to my project thread on another V6 board: LINK

The 3800 Series II is a decent engine. I have not heard of the 60-degree heads. Can you tell me about those?

Do you have in mind to cut back the compression ratio when you add a supercharger or turbo?

Paul, they were stock heads ported by a company called 60°Inclusive. John Caraher is the guy who did the work, he also works alongside the guy from WOT Tech. They both do 60°V6 stuff, but also have done work on the Series II 90°V6's and even some import/European engines.

I plan on building a boost block for the turbo stuff later as this car is my daily driver and I don't want extensive downtime again.