New Guy needs help looking at a Car!

Spooln1

Just like the the title says. I've been out of the Buick scene for the better part of 10 years. I owned a HA gunmetal grey t-type back in the day that I loved and Im looking to purchase a GN or T this spring/summer. Would anyone be willing to look at a car with me in late March? Theres a 85 T-type in Roselle with a weber built intercooled motor that has a frame off resto I am very interested in seeing. Gunmetal grey to boot. I would be more than willing to throw the person a few bucks for travel and their expertise on looking the vehicle over. I still need to work out a time and date to look at the car with the owner. So, I'm just sending out the help request this far in advance. Thank you all for your time. I look forward to sitting in a buick again. Info on the car below.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/gunmetal-gray-t-type-frame-off-resto.327817/

Thank you,
Neil - Spooln1

I am close to Roselle too. So I could probably do it too. I could go with XXQuick6XX too

You must be talking about Erics car, If so I have seen it . It's a sharp car. It has a lot of goodies and just some tweaking it should be able to get into low 10's with ease. If I am not mistaken, I think he got the billet 67/65 on it as well with GN1's and so on.

The car is a head turner for sure!!!!!
Prasad

Thanks for the feedback Prasad. Much appreciated for sure. Theres 2 cars I have my eye on. Erics car and a t-top GN out of Kankakee with GNX badging that has a repaint. Im looking forward to owning one of them.
1 question: With that stout a motor will it have good street manner? This car will only see the track a couple times yearly. Mostly street driven.
Thanks again,
Neil

Thanks for the feedback Prasad. Much appreciated for sure. Theres 2 cars I have my eye on. Erics car and a t-top GN out of Kankakee with GNX badging that has a repaint. Im looking forward to owning one of them.
1 question: With that stout a motor will it have good street manner? This car will only see the track a couple times yearly. Mostly street driven.
Thanks again,
Neil
No problem Neil, Eric's car is an awesome car, it will be great on the street for sure. I would stay away from T tops cars. It may look ok on the out side but under all the trims it's a different story. I have seen way too many rust issues. They're nice to cruise around in but they rattle and bit noisy. Only two out of 20+ T top cars that came though my hands didnt leak. The floors rust out from all the water on the passinger side along with the A pilllar and the T top structure.I can show how bad it can get if you ever stop by place someday. Hey at the end of the day, it's your money and your dream therefore, you do what pleases you!

Prasad

Thanks a ton for the advice. I'm going to see if I can take a look at Erics car soon. May try and pull the trigger on it a little earlier than anticipated.

Neil

Sale pending! Looks like I'll be in a Buick again soon. Prasad, thanks for all the advice. Ive got a couple things to button up on the car. Need to change the converter and rework the downpipe. If it would stop snowing around here I might be able to take it out for a spin over this next week.