New Guy Here (87GN)

BigTady

Hello all,

I guess it's about time to introduce myself instead of lurking around just reading posts.
biggrin.gif

I've always wanted a GN and have known about this one for the past 3 years. A coworker of mine had it in his garage and mentioned he might sell it one day. In late February I made him an offer and delivered it a few days later.

Car is all original, no missing parts, no rust. Over all pretty good condition body and interior wise. Been sitting in the garage since 1996 collecting a bit of dust. From what i'm told the engine has an issue with one of the cylinder walls and needs either bored over or sleeved as the walls were marked up after a oil pump failure. He parked it planning on fixing it and as the story goes 17 years later I've taken on the project. Seems like a great barn find after being hidden for a while.

I've started pulling interior, recovering the headliner and putting sound deadner (floor pans and roof). This weekends plans are to run through the spring cleaning list plus a few things and try to start it up and see where the problems are.

Tad (BigTADY)

Attachments

• GN-Found-Web.jpg
    GN-Found-Web.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 121
  • GN-Found-Web2.jpg
    GN-Found-Web2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 120
  • GN-Found-Web3.jpg
    GN-Found-Web3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 120
Hello and Welcome To Turbobuick.com!!! :) Time for a little spring cleaning.............

Any suggestions for my runthrough this weekend before attempting to start it up again? I'm getting a oil pump rebuild kit and I'll be gnttype.org/maint/basics.html