New guy from Lubbock

WarShrike

Loud, slow, obscene.
Howdy guys.

Just posting up here to introduce myself. I'm probably gonna spend more time reading the tech stuff than posting in anticipation of building up my next engine for boost. I own a 2000 Pontiac Firebird w/ the good old 3800 Series II. It is rebuilt/modded and is at 150K miles with 15K of that being on the new build. Basically a H/C/I car with longtubes, full exhaust and a 3800 stall with a good bit of suspension work.

It most recently dyno'd 196hp @ 5600 / 196tq@ 4600 during a tuning session at Texas Speed & Performance with the stall unlocked. I didn't set out to make something that was a V8 killer, just something for me to learn on and get my knuckles bloody for the first time. I've gone through the project having learned a lot and now I'm moving towards the next step. Some people will be interested in it as I'm doing a T56 swap into the car, I'll find the right spot to post that (probably the 3800 supercharged section for those doing swaps into RWD cars that want a little more banging action).

Thanks for having me, I hope to at least be a benefit to the community and learn a lot from the developments in the Turbo Buick community.

My car:
bridgebird1.jpg

100_1452.jpg

100_1572.jpg

HELLO and Wellcome to Turbobuick.com! :smile: Sharp looking car there.........

Welcome aboard fellow Texan.:biggrin: There's some good info on the 3800 Series II engine out there and at least one of our members has a supercharged F body with the FWD supercharger. If you look in the general section one of the members has installed a Seiries II engine in a Regal chasis and turbo charged it. Very cool to have you on here.:)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Charlie, there's actually quite a few people that have popped up over the last couple years with the M90 top swap or just a full L67 swap in their F-bodies. I guess as the cost of a full engine goes down and creativity abounds, things like this happen. It's nice to see the engine setup in the F-body like the old test beds were done back in 96/97.

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Bought the car back in Dec. 2002 for 12.5K (Overpriced, but I needed a good reliable daily for my long drives to-from college).

I might have about 5-6K into the whole setup right now (mostly suspension/drivetrain and wheels), I have the reciepts, but I don't like to keep track of the total cost lol!