New Grand Prix Turbo guy here

dave12

Dave
I could use some advice and you guys seem to really know your s*it when it comes to running alky on the 3.8 liter engines. I feel our cars are like brothers really.

I am used to running my 3.8 liter via SC but recently did a conversion to a Turbo kit. I really like it so far at 15 PSI. First day at track I got a 12.9@113 MPH with 15 PSI and 18 inch street tires with 2.3 and 2.4 60s :eek: With slicks our cars can get 1.7-1.8 range. I spun well past the 60 foot mark every run on those things. Others with same kits and same car are geting there to 11.6-11.9 range with 115-119 MPH traps on 15-16 PSI. I just ordered a Devils Own alky kit used from another member as I have heard good things about them.

Enough about me. So I got a progressive controller with my kit. I got a 14 GPM Nozzle tapped into a TB spacer.

What are your recomendations for nozzles? Dual nozle or single? Size? Devils own recomended 5 GPM single. At 15 PSI my car is making 350+ WHP 17PSI will put down about 400 with a good tune. I run my car 15 PSI daily. I can only run about 15 degrees timing without running into KR. My IC is very small but does help a lot. My goals ae to run car daily at about 16-17 PSI with 18-20 degrees timing. 18-21 PSI for the track on pump gas.

Any recomendations for alky? Some people are using windshild washer fluid but seems that would only help with cooling. Wht do you guys run for daily driving and at the track? 50/50 and where, what brand to get?

I only have a 2 Bar Map and the controller goes up to 15 PSI. I was thinking about setting it to start at about 8-9 PSI and ramp up from there.

Basically I dont need much spray at all for what I want for my DD. Only adding 1-2 PSI and a few degrees timing. Will then try to tune for the track.

I do have a Power tuner and can tune pretty much everything in my PCM possible. Was thinking about tuning down IFR and MAFF.

Any tips or advise on my kind of setup is appreciated. Us GP guys are fairly new to alky, it isnt widely accepted. Most go with IC just as I did initially. I can see what alky does for GNs and I figured it was only natural it could work wonders for a modern day 3.8 liter Turbo GM machine :smile: