New Grand National Owner

I recently bought a 1987 Buick Grand National with under 50,000 miles (48, 653) and have so many ideas on upgrades and getting this car into great shape. First thing is first though, I would like to get the engine number and rear end numbers and check them to see if they are actually original to the car. Where do I find the engine number and transmission number and rear end number so that I can make sure they are original parts. I will be posting a lot of questions so bear with me :) I also want to put the stock exhaust back on cause right now it is too loud for me. I want it to remain quiet quiet quiet. Any suggested exhaust kits would be appreciated. also looking to dress the engine comprtment up and would like suggestions there.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

The number on the block is located on the vertical pad at the left rear side of the block. The trans number is on the left rear of the trans on the pan rail just above the pan. The rear code numbers are stamped on the back of the right axle tube.

Congrats. Just picked one up myself with almost the same miles. I will be learning with you. There are a lot of good people on this site and will answer your questions. Where are you located?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Just picked one up myself with almost the same miles. I will be learning with you. There are a lot of good people on this site and will answer your questions. Where are you located?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mike,

Glad to hear this is a good site with a lot of good people with good advice! I'm located in northern Indiana. Looking forward to learning and renewing my buick GN.
Kevin