"NEW" GNX Fender Vent Kit

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
We are now offering a "NEW" GNX fender vent kit! It is a Reproduction from original GNX vents. These are completely CNC cut using 20 and 22 gauge steel, all holes are CNC cut as well. All welds were Tig welded. These are made and hand assembled right here in the USA and are installed using true GM hardware! Yes, the correct part numbers were looked up and the correct screws and clips were purchased for these kits! The templates & instructions that come included in this kit are Exact replicas from the exact ones ASC originally used! This kit is left UN-COATED so the customers can coat it the color of there choice.
This kit is as close as your going to get to the Original, right down to the fasteners!!

"Make those GNX fender louvers Functional with our new GNX vent kit!"

Kit can be purchased from our site, Check it out at: Untitled

GNX%20Fender%20Vent%20Kit%20peices.jpg

Scot, I might be interested but have a few questions: Are there modifications needed in the electric antenna area?...Also, I looked at the pictures on the GNS Performance site, but haven't seen the fender louvers...Do they come with the kit?...

thanks,

Claude. :)

Scot, I might be interested but have a few questions: Are there modifications needed in the electric antenna area?...Also, I looked at the pictures on the GNS Performance site, but haven't seen the fender louvers...Do they come with the kit?...

thanks,

Claude. :)
Claude,

I just looked on my personal car that has the power ant. and the vent kit goes just before the antenna and doesn't interupt it at all.

Sorry I didn't mention that on our site (will be fixed) but NO the louvers themselves Do Not come with the kit at this pressent time. Nice louvers can be purchased from Kirbans though.

Scot W.

Claude,

I just looked on my personal car that has the power ant. and the vent kit goes just before the antenna and doesn't interupt it at all.

Sorry I didn't mention that on our site (will be fixed) but NO the louvers themselves Do Not come with the kit at this pressent time. Nice louvers can be purchased from Kirbans though.

Scot W.

Thanks Scot for your reply. I think that if you offered a complete kit (including the louvers) would be great though...but I've read that the louvers sold at Kirban's are a too flimsy and are made of abs plastic...I think someone (maybe Danko) makes them in fiberglass, but not 100% sure...

Thanks Scot for your reply. I think that if you offered a complete kit (including the louvers) would be great though...but I've read that the louvers sold at Kirban's are a too flimsy and are made of abs plastic...I think someone (maybe Danko) makes them in fiberglass, but not 100% sure...
We are looking for someone who offers the nicest quality Fender louvers right now so we can do just that, offer them as a whole kit. If you or anyone who knows makes the best quality GNX fender louvers PLEASE let me know so we can contact them.

Thanks for having intrest in GNS products!

Scot W.

I will show my ignorance, and ask to be educated...

What exactly does this kit do to make the louvers functional?

I have no idea of their purpose. But, I have an inquiring mind that wants to know, LOL.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I will show my ignorance, and ask to be educated...

What exactly does this kit do to make the louvers functional?

I have no idea of their purpose. But, I have an inquiring mind that wants to know, LOL.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Well it does "Everything" to make them fuctional. It has the vent tunnel that goes in between the outside louver and the Inner fender well Tunneling them together in a sence. It has the outer trim rings that go around the cut hole in the inner fender well that trims it out nicely. It is also required that your Relays be re-located and this kit also includes the proper re-location brackets needed to do so, Everything is Identical reproductions of the Original vent kit that was used by ASC in the making of the GNX.

If your going to be in reynolds this week I will have one there for you to look at.

Hope this hepled,

SW.

Vented

Those fender vents are Buicks trade mark from way back. They shouldve installed them on all the TRs. Now you see all the Brand X cars running around with stick on fender vents...

Hi Mike,

Well it does "Everything" to make them fuctional. It has the vent tunnel that goes in between the outside louver and the Inner fender well Tunneling them together in a sence. It has the outer trim rings that go around the cut hole in the inner fender well that trims it out nicely. It is also required that your Relays be re-located and this kit also includes the proper re-location brackets needed to do so, Everything is Identical reproductions of the Original vent kit that was used by ASC in the making of the GNX.

If your going to be in reynolds this week I will have one there for you to look at.

Hope this hepled,

SW.

I will be in Reynolds and look you up. What I was wanting to know is where is the air diverted to? Does it flow air over the tranny? Does it wrap back up into the engine compartment for some sort of cooling? Or what is the air diversion purpose?

I think the whilte cars that I have seen the louvers on look sharp. Not that I am looking to put them on mine (at least for a while).

Just curious...

BTW, thanks for continuing efforts to supply our Buicks with items to keep us going...

Mike

I will be in Reynolds and look you up. What I was wanting to know is where is the air diverted to? Does it flow air over the tranny? Does it wrap back up into the engine compartment for some sort of cooling? Or what is the air diversion purpose?

I think the whilte cars that I have seen the louvers on look sharp. Not that I am looking to put them on mine (at least for a while).

Just curious...

BTW, thanks for continuing efforts to supply our Buicks with items to keep us going...

Mike
Thanks!

Mike the sole purpose for the vents were to Remove the hot air out of the engine bay. So as your driving the air entering the engine bay pushes the hot air out of the louvers and when the fan is on it's also doing the same thing.

See ya in a couple days..

SW.

Just went to order the kit on ebay that was just the inner ducts and inner bezels (I dont need the relocation brackets) but I noticed there not up there anymore. Could you PM me a price for just these components shipped to 07604? And how to send payment? PayPal?

Just went to order the kit on ebay that was just the inner ducts and inner bezels (I dont need the relocation brackets) but I noticed there not up there anymore. Could you PM me a price for just these components shipped to 07604? And how to send payment? PayPal?
I will do the same price as the e-bay ones. I am having these updated onto our website so all you have to do is order right from there. Please allow us a couple days to get everything set up. These will still come with all templates, instructions and hardware needed to install these items.

Vents & Colars only = $200

Relocation Brackets only = $75

Scot W.