New GN

KevinB

I know there have been many rumors about a new GN coming out, but a good source sent me this pm on another board I'm on (he's a Vette guy btw, lol)

GM is going to build a GN. It will have a twin turbo V6 with 400/500 HP. That's the rumor

Now a little on this source. I've known him for a while. His "GM rumors" have all come true so far. He had info on the GTO, G8, new Z06, CTS-V, new Camaro and a few others. Apparently he gets good info.
Take it for what it's worth, it's just something I was told.:biggrin:

I don't know, he's been right so far.
Dont get me wrong, I really hope it happens, but when was the last time GM really tried to innovate something for Buick that would bring them back to their feet?:(

Dont get me wrong, I really hope it happens, but when was the last time GM really tried to innovate something for Buick that would bring them back to their feet?:(

Have faith brother...this is it!!! (I hope:D )

Buick is on death row, I wouldn't doubt it if they pulled the trigger on bringing back the one car YOUNG and OLD men will be all over, and that name is the Grand National. And I wouldn't doubt the success of the G8 is what they are waiting for so they can ok the use of that platform. The Grand National name alone can save them a decade from the GM death chamber.

And if it's a twin turbo 3.6L Ecotec motor, GM will have a vehicle that will massacre every V6 record in the books, just like the 2.4L Ecotec.

Get Turbofish in here, he probably has already driven in it. :D

I'll believe it when I see it...but I sure as hell hope they don't make it FWD!:mad:

If they do make a twin turbo GN we'll have some more lines to add to the misinformation pile..."I always new they would bring back the twin turbo, just like the old GNX's that had that option!" ;) :biggrin:

I wouldnt be supprised to see it on the Lacross platform, like the GN version of the Lesabre. Id expect the GN to an Impala SS like sedan with a trim option and maybe supercharged 3800 or sideways small V8.

Ill say this much that if gm dosnt stop messing around they are going to kill buick just like they did to the olds. I would like to see them do the 80's body in a retro like they are doing with the chevy ssr truck and the hhr.(but be carefull when doing it to look good) and put that twin turbo in that and sell them at a fair price. It could help with sales. I know that most of you people here are buick nuts but i think that gm could do the same to the olds cuttles to and revive them. Of course make them cars as a 2 door not a 4 door.