New GN, problems need advice...

Scanmaster is on the way! I'll give him a call. Thanks again for all the help.

No problem! I'm more then happy to help!

If you dont have a SM, how bout do you have a up to date chip? How bout a walbro 340 fuel pump with hotwire kit?

We dont want you going WOT while the car gets knock! :eek:

Adam

I don't know if the car has an updated chip or not. Probably not. The other stuff I'll have to get later. I haven't completed the "spring cleaning" yet, so that was first on my list until this happened. The Scanmaster 2.1 should be here by the end of the week, and I'll call Full Throttle Speed tomorrow and get that going.

I don't know if the car has an updated chip or not. Probably not. The other stuff I'll have to get later. I haven't completed the "spring cleaning" yet, so that was first on my list until this happened. The Scanmaster 2.1 should be here by the end of the week, and I'll call Full Throttle Speed tomorrow and get that going.

Awesome! So people dont ask you question in the future, it'd be a good idea to make a 'sig' Its the stuff thats listed under every post that people make. It will make everyones life easier so we know what you have and do not have.

Adam

The 3" LT1 maf will bolt right in place using stock size maf hose or pipe, if you go the route of the LS1 3.5" maf sensor you will need an adapter hose for it to fit in place. The maf translator is a "plug-n play" set up that comes with instructions.

I think the right choice was made on the Translator. I weighed my options when the stocker went out years ago and ended up getting a Translator for an LS1 maf. No problems since and I also know replacement mafs will be easy to come by should I need one.

Did you ever pull the code? You can pull it using a paper clip.

When I got my car it had a bad O2 sensor and did similar to yours, just died when under load but with the added fun of black smoke (pig rich). Replaced the O2 sensor ($17 at Oreillys) and it was much better.

I just replaced my maf with the 3" Impala SS maf and translator, it takes about 5 minutes to do if that and no adapters needed.

I'm in Tullahoma I could help you out on it I sold my GN a few years ago but somethings you never forget..if your serious about making it run you need to see Bill Ragland in shelbyville.hes the man around here