New GN owner.... need some help!

Beast_TR

Hey just picked up a 87 Grand National, so far I love it, but I have yet to drive it as it needed some engine work before it was drivable. I have almost everything ready to go but I am missing a MAF, I was wondering if anyone on here has a spare that I can borrow? I am in the Ft. Walton Beach area and this is pretty much the missing peice to my puzzle and its driving me crazy! Please if anyone has one let me know.

I bought an A1 Cardone unit from Autozone and its worked good for a couple years now. I have heard others have similiar luck with them.

Scott

yep A1 Cardone.
Just get the correct core there are several different stylesones floating around under the same part.
The stock MAF was straight through with no "hourglass" shape, no lip on one end inside, and the elec connector will be straight down 90 degrees off the body down, the threaded holes are molded in the sensor not riveted.

The one before last I had to get 3 before the correct one, and the last one was right the first time. Lifetime warranty...good luck

good info got any pics of it so I can know what to look for? How mad will the parts guy be if I keep returning them?

This is the part that is the biggest pain in the butt on these cars i have had five including the stock unit after the stock one died i had a few that were ok but none really seemed to be working right then they die after afew months of use. Bennet auto became pretty upset with me reatuning them on a mounthly visit. They say one and ten work. The worst is once they die it fouls all the plugs up. I got tired of the money on plugs and car craping out before a good race. I found a solution the guy who does the work on my car worked on makeing one for the past few years with a company who makes computer chips. They fine tuned them to flow just right they use a fider glass bored and they flow a ton more air . Iput one in my car the diffrance is nite and day! :D

re

Hey whats up., I live in gulf breeze. You should meet up with us sometime, got a few freinds with GN"S.....