New GN owner here

Blacktop87

Newbie to the forums,

I'm moving to NC soon, not sure where yet, and I finally bought my first GN. My present to myself. I've basically been looking for one for a couple of years but with no luck with me being sent overseas at the oddest times. Many thanks to having good friends who can help out while I'm STILL deployed in Iraq (multiple deployments with this being my last one) with about 1 month left to go before returning to the US.

I'm the second Owner on this 1987 GN w/sunroof (astro-roof)? and has about 50k on it...all stock. Sat for some time and needs some work done to it, which was fine with me. I'll try and put some pics up soon once I get done looking for some more stuff to buy. I didn't think getting stuff for the GN was going to get this expensive this quick. OH well gotta pay to play.

Just waned to say Hi to everyone and hopefully get to meet some other owners down in NC. I'm currently in White Marsh, MD still...but not for long....now I just have to get a nice catchy tag for the car.

So far I have 3" Terry DP w test pipe, 3" Torque tech exhaust, TA49, SMC alky kit, Scan Master, 3" GM Maf, ADJ. Fuel pressure...just for starters. I'm getting 60lbs Inj's, TT chip and Maf Translator once I'm back to have it all installed at once and start on tuning. Since I'll have plenty of time on my hands. Anything else any recommends with this combo. I still drive my 1986 GT Fiero and a 1988 Black Chrysler Conquest TSI (daily driver).....all old school. Thanks for reading.

Thanks,
Ray

Needs some work...but thats fine with me.

Attachments

• DSCF1091.JPG
    DSCF1091.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF1093.JPG
    DSCF1093.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCF1094.JPG
    DSCF1094.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF1098.JPG
    DSCF1098.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF1105.JPG
    DSCF1105.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 390
more pics.....

Attachments

• DSCF1101.JPG
    DSCF1101.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCF1103.JPG
    DSCF1103.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF1106.JPG
    DSCF1106.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 378
I'm in Albemarle, NC near Charlotte. Let me know when you get to NC and I will hook you up with all the TR folks.
Conrad Carter
704-983-2302 office

Welcome, I hope you know what you're in for :)

Yeah I think I know what I'm getting myself into....;). Will probably have to get a second job just to keep up with my hobby. I have the 340 pump..just have to get the hot wire and a couple of other things while I mark off my check list...which is getting pretty long.

The M3 belongs to a good friend of mine and he knows how to keep his cars clean (also has a 33k Syclone) 180 MPH is no joke in the bimmer. That car can pull all the way and not slow down for nothing.

If everything turns our right, then I plan on riding down there sometime next month once I get back and check some areas out. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a change of scenery. No sand for me for a long while.

welcome

Welcome to the tarheel state.We have a very nice group of turbo buick owners if i can ever get off work and go to the gatherings.:biggrin:

welcome to the great state of north carolina. please join in our gmturbo6 board @ yahoogroups.

Where @ in nc are you planning on moving to?

Best jobs are in RTP still, (overall the economy is still pretty good here) and a couple of turbo fixers are in the Raleigh/Durham area as well.

Congrats and Welcome, Thanks for your service. You have some work ahead of you, but fortunately you picked a great car!!

Well everyone....I finally decided to move to Charlotte, NC (Mecklenburg county I believe). I saw some houses that I like with a garage (woot, no more working outside) so I'll start crunching numbers and see how they look and if its going to work for me. Thanks to everyone for helping me make the transition a bit easier...now if I can just take this uniform off and start working a 9-5. LOL Well see. Anyone recommend a nice bar or restaurant to go to out there...I can only imagine all the ones they have...but I'm looking for a few that have good reviews.

Thanks,
Ray

Well everyone....I finally decided to move to Charlotte, NC (Mecklenburg county I believe). I saw some houses that I like with a garage (woot, no more working outside) so I'll start crunching numbers and see how they look and if its going to work for me. Thanks to everyone for helping me make the transition a bit easier...now if I can just take this uniform off and start working a 9-5. LOL Well see. Anyone recommend a nice bar or restaurant to go to out there...I can only imagine all the ones they have...but I'm looking for a few that have good reviews.

Thanks,
Ray

welcome to the area. I hope that you really like NC and the things it has to offer. When you get settled in maybe we could meet up (gmturbo6 car club) and you can join us .

bar

Dale JR. opened a bar in charlotte called Wiskey River. Saw pics on TV but haven't been yet. Looked like a nice place.Post up if you ever try it out and let us know how it is.:biggrin: