New Gn owner - have a couple of questions

saleen90181

Hello all - Newbi GN onwer here - and like all newbis have some questions

Car is a 1986 GN t-top car - 150,000 miles with the motor and turbo replaced about 50,000 miles ago

Car runs strong - just some issues

Since I am So new to these car - just looking for someone to point me in the right direction - please be kind to the newbi :) Ex-Ford Mustang guy

On here they go
1- The car has the non digital dash - the tach is digital but reads way wrong - when idleing it shows like 3000rpm - anyone point me in a direction to fix this?

2- The service engine soon light comes on when cold - then shuts off - how do you get the codes on these cars to see whats setting the light off?

3- The DS seat is pretty beat up - can some one point me in a direction to get a new seat cover?

4- THe power door locks dont work on either side - could it just be a fuse?

Well dont want to bombard with questions so that is all for now - these are the things that I want to take care of right away

Thats in advance for your sugestions and help

Hi welcome to the board. I cant help you too much but Im sure others will agree a scanmaster (or something better) is pretty much necesary to check for knock plus many other functions.

also good to make sure the fuel pump is strong - one of the first things to do with a 20 year old car.

The drivers side PW switch is often the cause of trouble on both windows.

Most of these issues are not uncommon if you search titles for each issue you will find massive info - maybe much more reading than you desire

Thank you for the help and being kind to the newbi

Ordered the seat cover and the scanmaster today

I cant find Caspers electronics - or maybe I am just not used to the navagation on that site.