New GN guy in Lousiana-First post

QWIKSIX

Hey Guys-

Glad to finally have my own Grand National. I bought one in June while working in Washington State. Two weeks ago I bought another '86 that was nicer and sold the first one. I've loved these cars since I was a teenager. I was pressing my nose to the window of the Buick dealership before I had my license.

I have a ton to learn about the mechanics of these cars. Mine seems to have a pretty good recipe but isn't running very well. I am on a job 1700 miles away from home and can't wait to get back to play with it. I hope whatever is wrong will be a simple fix with some of the extra parts that came with the car. Some of these are: two 4.1 liter blocks, new cam, heads, Edelbrock fuel pump, stock gears, new intercooler, GTA wheels, PT54 turbo(bent shaft?), factory steering wheel and more.

I had to leave for work two days after I bought the car. It's torture.

Looking forward to getting some technical advice from these forums. Also wondering if anyone knows of a Grand National guy or a GN club around Shreveport, LA.

Thanks-

Qwiksix

There are several members around Shreeveport. If you look at the entire forum you should find your state listed. Post there and I'll bet that you can find someone near you that can help. Welcome aboard.

Welcome, you will find out these guys will be very helpful to you. I joined about a year ago and have had many questions and problems answered here.Enjoy your car,there a blast to drive!!:biggrin: