New From Chi Area

ThrottleNOBotle

Hey guys how’s it going I figured I would take the time to introduce myself so here goes.

The names Rick I basically joined TB.com because I want to do a lot of research on these great cars and figured this would be a great way of doing that.

I will be in the market for a GN in the near future and want to learn as much as I can before purchasing one.

I have been on TB.com reading through threads for about a week now and Iv had little success in finding certain info such as were to find spare blocks, stronger crankshafts or just spare crankshafts in general etc etc and the search results have been less then helpful so if anyone here knows of a good thread or place to find such info could you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you guys in advance.

Rick

welcome to the darkside,as far as looking for parts that are use,the best thing to do would be to list it in the part wanted section or in the midwest section.If your looking for new then i would recommend DLS which he's about 1 1/2 drive from chicago in indiana

Thanks guys for the advise and the welcomes and I also appreciate you guys letting me know about that GN.

Sad to say I just lost my job so the GN purchase will have to wait:mad: until I find a new job.

Welcome!!!

Hey guys how’s it going I figured I would take the time to introduce myself so here goes.

The names Rick I basically joined TB.com because I want to do a lot of research on these great cars and figured this would be a great way of doing that.

I will be in the market for a GN in the near future and want to learn as much as I can before purchasing one.

I have been on TB.com reading through threads for about a week now and Iv had little success in finding certain info such as were to find spare blocks, stronger crankshafts or just spare crankshafts in general etc etc and the search results have been less then helpful so if anyone here knows of a good thread or place to find such info could you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you guys in advance.

Rick

Rick,welcome to TB, there are many of us here from the Chitown area that can help you find what you're looking for. You came to the right place!!!! You know there is more than one to skin a cat, there are a lot of stock GM parts you can still find in the bone yards if you know what you are looking for. If have any question on what to look for in a GN or any other GN related questions, feel free to give me call. (630) 965-1987 or email wikedv6@hotmail.com. Anyone one of us here can help you with what you need.

Prasad:)

Hi, ummm...Hello, ummm...What's up!.....Welcome, ummm....Hola!, ummm...Ok you get the point:D

Thats for sure, you don't have to go far to find a tb around here. ;)

BTW, welcome to the family! :cool:

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere.