new from calgary alberta

cowboydan

hi. i have a 1980 turbo vin regal. it was given to me by a close friend at work. he gave it to me 3 years ago. i just bought a 1979 3.8 turbo engine for 150 bucks, complete for the most part. i will be getting it running by mid summer... i hope. i have referenced every number on every part, they all fall under 78-79 part numbers so far. the bottom end was rebuilt but i can't say how long ago. the engine was on the ground when i bought it. i'm not looking to modifiy this engine yet. it's my 1st turbo, so it's a good thing i don't have a gn. less money to throw around. i'm looking to install the engine in stock form and just try to wrap my head around the whole carb thing. i am very well versed in obd2 efi systems, so turning the clock back... back to what? i have yet to rebuild a carb. i have had a few projects in the past, but mainly off road broncos and stuff efi and propane injection. the racing i did as a kid, i did with obd2 and nitrous. i know turbos but not carb turbos. getting the power out shouldn't be to difficult so on to the brain feeding

i am also a (there is no word for what i build) custom cabinet maker. but i don't do kitchens... figure that one out. i have an astro van that is my dd. i am in th process of making a custom center console.... that was of course untill i picked up this engine. here is what i call custom cabinetry i made it as a makeup box of all things thats it for wood working. back to my 3.8 turbo

Attachments

• 1st 2 thin coats 002.jpg
    1st 2 thin coats 002.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 68
Took a while but glad to see you here Dan. Start some research in the B4black section and ask questions. There's lots to learn and most of us are really willing to help you out. Welcome aboard.

thanks for the replies. sorry it took so long...lol, i was very buisy staring at my engine, and making my list. lots of info to go through. just so everyone knows.... my knowledge on carbs is somewhat unexercised. i grew up on sfi systems. obd2 is what i am well versed in. glad to be here:biggrin: