new engine rebuild

turbo_type87

Can anyone tell me if this engine combination is good to get into the 11's? I have a fresh 109 engine,it was bored .030 over,it has je pistons. new stock crank, heads are stock with high performance valve springs, all main bearings caps are billit steel, the turbo is new. it is a te60 made by turbonetics. I bought a 3'' downpipe made by bowling green performance. with the elbow being ported. 42lb injectors, A big boy front mount intercooler, A street strip 93 octane chip,programed to everything i have done to the car. The transmission has been rebuilt with performance kit installed, A artt car torque converter 9.5 lock up. plus an alky kit was installed. I would appreciate any feed back you guys may have. thanks

should be plenty good with some 116 and slicks. i would definately port those heads. do you know what type of intercooler it is? and how much stall in the converter. i would get a TH style DP.
steve

3.8 rebuild

yes, the stall speed is 3000. i am going to go to cast iron champion ported heads, the down pipe is made by bowling green and i heard they are a good company, the front mount is a old style big boy, it is a good size i.c. with the alky kit i should be able to run 24 to 26lbs of boost.

You should have a easy 11 second combo with tuning .
The injectors will be to small once you put the ported heads on.

Originally posted by 3.8Illusion
should be plenty good with some 116 and slicks. i would definately port those heads. do you know what type of intercooler it is? and how much stall in the converter. i would get a TH style DP.
steve
He has alky why would he need 116 :confused:
Ed

as good as alky is, you can go faster with 116......alky requires some compromises in timing and boost.....116 doesn't

for a mostly stock combo, prolly won't be much difference