New E85 Convert - How do things look?

kkash48

Hey folks - converted to E85 - running 100% E85 - 80lb injectors, Eric's E85 chip (rest of mods in signature). Car feels and drives great! I turned up the boost a bit and got to about 20lbs boost. No knock or anything yet, but I thought I'd better upload a few powerlogger logs here after a few runs to ensure I am not pushing things.

Attached are powerlogger files for my two runs. How do things look under boost? Am I too rich / lean? I don't have wideband so possibly can't even tell? My only basic and limited tune knowledge is to make sure no KR, no knock, and o2's 800 or better.

If anyone has any feedback on the attached logs, I'd appreciate it. Can I go a lil more or am I pushing things already? Thanks all!

Attachments

• run1.dat
    115.5 KB · Views: 90
  • run2.dat
    114.5 KB · Views: 66
I cant see the logs with my phone but are you logging fuel pressure? If not I would. Also what fuel pump setup you running?

Last edited:
Hey folks - converted to E85 - running 100% E85 - 80lb injectors, Eric's E85 chip (rest of mods in signature). Car feels and drives great! I turned up the boost a bit and got to about 20lbs boost. No knock or anything yet, but I thought I'd better upload a few powerlogger logs here after a few runs to ensure I am not pushing things.

Attached are powerlogger files for my two runs. How do things look under boost? Am I too rich / lean? I don't have wideband so possibly can't even tell? My only basic and limited tune knowledge is to make sure no KR, no knock, and o2's 800 or better.

If anyone has any feedback on the attached logs, I'd appreciate it. Can I go a lil more or am I pushing things already? Thanks all!

Put a wideband on it and log it .. then we can tell you.

I can see the logs with my phone but are you logging fuel pressure? If not I would. Also what fuel pump setup you running?
Running DW 301 .. 43 psi at idle .. No, have not logged fuel pressure with boost. I guess that is the next step?! Thank you :)

Running DW 301 .. 43 psi at idle .. No, have not logged fuel pressure with boost. I guess that is the next step?! Thank you :)
Did you have to do anything to your return lines or were you able to turn it down to 43 without touching it?

Did you have to do anything to your return lines or were you able to turn it down to 43 without touching it?
I didn't have to do anything to my return line. My pressure sits fine at 43. I was worried that I would have had to drill out some fittings people have mentioned or run a new return, but thankfully I didn't have to do any of that. I wish I had known about getting a Wideband setup, but I guess that's the next step. Cars runs great and definitely more power .. I'm just gonna dial back the boost until I can get the Wideband stuff $$$

Log the AFR First ... that data is MOST important and for your setup is all you really need to be looking at.

and you still have boost left to play with .. the fun is yet to start :)

I didn't have to do anything to my return line. My pressure sits fine at 43. I was worried that I would have had to drill out some fittings people have mentioned or run a new return, but thankfully I didn't have to do any of that. I wish I had known about getting a Wideband setup, but I guess that's the next step. Cars runs great and definitely more power .. I'm just gonna dial back the boost until I can get the Wideband stuff $$$

unless the return is restricted somewhere there isn't any need to do anything other than a clean up on the stock return fittings....

its when people have aftermarket FPR / aftermarket sending units and kinked lines that return pressures are higher ...

Even if the static pressure is 45 .. big deal you can tune around it ... those injectors actually perform very very well with statics of 55 psi... don't get stuck on numbers .. let the car tell you what it likes !

Glad your enjoying the switch ... best mod ever for the Turbo Buicks

I looked at your 2nd file. You were pedaling it a bit, haha. It looks fine. A bit rich if anything with 838mv. Judging by the BLMs and the 838mv at wot, you could turn the fuel pressure down a little bit.

Don't see a volt booster kicking in. Get one of those installed too. The pump will like it. Plus they are cheap at only ~$80.

Haha! .. The file tells alot doesn't it? Thank you Beatv8. Appreciate you taking a look at my logs. Correct, no volt booster - just hotwire setup. For $80 looks like it's a good spend and will pick one up ;)

Ok - finally got the wideband installed today. Put in an AEM - wasn't too terrible. Just ran a couple quick WOT passes (attached) ... if anyone has a chance, can you take a look to see if you see anything unusual with the AF's? Is target A/F with E85 11.4 on WOT (gas scale?) .. I have car set to about 20psi right now. Thanks all!!

Attachments

• kurt2.dat
    209.3 KB · Views: 76
  • LogFilekurt1.dat
    82.3 KB · Views: 76
The engine uses more fuel when you run E85,so you won't need to return as much to the tank at idle. This increases the likelihood of avoiding an idle fuel pressure problem.

Is your pressure 43 with the line on at an idle?

Hey Kevin, Keith from RL here. I am by no means a pro with this but aren't you running a bit lean at WOT? You said your target is 11.4 and you're running right around a 12.0.