New DynoMax muffler

supercrackerbox

Will wrench for beer
Just read this little blurb in my Hemmings newsletter, thought I'd share it with you guys.

Hemmings Motor News: Hemmings eWeekly Newsletter

Dynomax introduces drone-free performance muffler
High-performance mufflers have evolved over the past couple of decades, with a number of innovations that have allowed relatively unimpeded exhaust flow while providing the necessary sound deadening for street-legal vehicles. However, a common complaint from enthusiasts has been the dreaded exhaust “drone” that often plagues occupants of vehicles equipped with aftermarket high-flow mufflers. The condition is particularly troubling when the vehicle’s cruise RPM falls just at the sweet spot that creates an intensely irritating skull-buzzing resonance.

Now Dynomax has introduced an all-new muffler, the Dynomax VT, which uses a patented internal valve to quell resonance without adversely affecting flow. The straight-through design is constructed from 100-percent welded stainless steel and offered in two configurations: a 14-inch long side-inlet/center-outlet case and a 16-inch long side-inlet/side-outlet case, with inlet/outlet diameter choices of 2-1/4-, 2-1/2- or 3-inch. Inside, Dynomax says the muffler uses its “continuous roving fiberglass” technology to absorb harsh exhaust noise, yielding a deep performance tone. The new Dynomax VT is also covered by the company’s 90-day Performance and Sound Guarantee, which allows consumers to try the muffler for 90 days and then return it for a full refund if they aren’t satisfied.

For more details and a guide to Dynomax dealers, go to www.dynomax.com.

Pretty neat. I wonder how long that spring can take the heat before getting weak and leaving the kitchen?

Well it looks like someone else is going to have "muffler bearings" besides the Viper. LOL

Hhhmm....isn't it the exhaust note frequency that causes the muffler case to vibrate, resulting in the drone?

I don't see how this is going to cure the drone blues. Darn I just had my exhaust welded up, I'd consider buying one just to see if it's all it's cracked up to be.

5218110-0-0.jpg

adding a valve to a 50 year perforated core design doesn't make it new

try Outlaw from flowmaster it doesn't have a core, only db reducing rings, now THATS new