New daily drive slammed c1500

TurboSkunk15

We sold our trailblazer SS to downsize a bit. My new daily driver belltech spindles 7/5 inch drop rear flip 5.7 4l6e trans stock. I'd love to do a lq9 swap down the line, or maybe an lc2 one day.

Looks good. I always liked that era of trucks. Owned a 91 with a 350/5 speed lowered 4/6.

Nice, I have the same truck ,but in 3/4 ton.
I've had it for about 6 yrs now and it's been probably the best truck i've owned.
A couple things to watch for:
Keep an eye on the anti freeze,if it is losing it ,it is most likely the intake gasket,they used the cheapest gasket they could find and everyone of them goes bad, anywhere from 50k and up,mine lasted till about 90k. (you may want to ask the previous owner if it has been done).
Look around the outer edges of the intake when the truck is running and all warmed up,mine was leaking in the front left hand corner and i believe in the right rear also.
If you do need to change it make sure to get the upgraded felpro metal one,not the plastic like the original,felpro has both types for the same application,(or did when i did mine).
It's so common that most auto parts stores have it in stock.
The other thing is the quick connect for the heater hose going into the intake on the passenger side,they all corode and will disintegrate if you look at them too hard,and are b###h to get out once broken,if your truck has high miles they most likely have both been replaced by now but if not keep an eye on your anti freeze.
One other area is the oil cooler lines,they go into the radiator on the drivers side of the truck,and they always leak where the rubber hose is crimped/hooked to the metal,i have read that these may eventually break,and you can lose the engine if one breaks and you lose your oil.
Mine were leaking anyway so i just replaced them for safety sake,(they were 15 yrs old) and it took care of the leak also Ive read some people have just removed them altogether.
Also if previous owners havn't removed the pink Dexcool anti freeze yet ,get rid of it,that stuff as it ages gets very corrosive and helps speed up the problems i just mentioned.
Other then those things my truck has been awesome ,i bought it with 52k and it has about 117k on it now.
Good luck with the new truck.

Here is a link to the heater connection i am talking about,if/when you check yours, move it very carefully ,it may be ready to break off,but you are better off finding it when you are in your driveway, then having it fail going down the highway.

PS, Youtube has a bunch of video's describing the intake gasket leak and how to change it also,hopefully yours has been done because it's no fun,if you have a goodly amount of miles on it ,it most likely has been fixed already.

Last edited:
Thnx brothers

Thnx for the info, I'll definitely look out for what you mentioned. This truck has 162k on the clock but runs like a top plenty of power and no Leaks at all. Also it doesn't burn oil a small miracle for a small block Chevy. I'm assuming it's been rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much you get it for just sold mine, think i gave mine away mine had a cnotch frame full belltech drop custom interior/paint..

What did you sell it for ? I think mines Worth 5500$ paid a little less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I have the same truck ,but in 3/4 ton.
I've had it for about 6 yrs now and it's been probably the best truck i've owned.
A couple things to watch for:
Keep an eye on the anti freeze,if it is losing it ,it is most likely the intake gasket,they used the cheapest gasket they could find and everyone of them goes bad, anywhere from 50k and up,mine lasted till about 90k. (you may want to ask the previous owner if it has been done).
Look around the outer edges of the intake when the truck is running and all warmed up,mine was leaking in the front left hand corner and i believe in the right rear also.
If you do need to change it make sure to get the upgraded felpro metal one,not the plastic like the original,felpro has both types for the same application,(or did when i did mine).
It's so common that most auto parts stores have it in stock.
The other thing is the quick connect for the heater hose going into the intake on the passenger side,they all corode and will disintegrate if you look at them too hard,and are b###h to get out once broken,if your truck has high miles they most likely have both been replaced by now but if not keep an eye on your anti freeze.
One other area is the oil cooler lines,they go into the radiator on the drivers side of the truck,and they always leak where the rubber hose is crimped/hooked to the metal,i have read that these may eventually break,and you can lose the engine if one breaks and you lose your oil.
Mine were leaking anyway so i just replaced them for safety sake,(they were 15 yrs old) and it took care of the leak also Ive read some people have just removed them altogether.
Also if previous owners havn't removed the pink Dexcool anti freeze yet ,get rid of it,that stuff as it ages gets very corrosive and helps speed up the problems i just mentioned.
Other then those things my truck has been awesome ,i bought it with 52k and it has about 117k on it now.
Good luck with the new truck.

Here is a link to the heater connection i am talking about,if/when you check yours, move it very carefully ,it may be ready to break off,but you are better off finding it when you are in your driveway, then having it fail going down the highway.

PS, Youtube has a bunch of video's describing the intake gasket leak and how to change it also,hopefully yours has been done because it's no fun,if you have a goodly amount of miles on it ,it most likely has been fixed already.

I have done so many of these I have several very large easy outs and taps! That really takes me back to the day. I hated doing those when people would pull in the shop and say, "I smell something sweet and my truck is overheating." And they would need it fixed right away...of course. lol

Mines almost back on the road. Was 4.3 v6 5 speed. Saved this 87 3.8 turbo and 2004r combo. It was sitting for 4 years in a 1982 rusted out camaro that was built in the 90s. Owner had it since build said it only has about 78000 miles.

Thanks to the guys over at full throttle getting me all squared up with the parts I needed and speedy delivery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 380
Mines almost back on the road. Was 4.3 v6 5 speed. Saved this 87 3.8 turbo and 2004r combo. It was sitting for 4 years in a 1982 rusted out camaro that was built in the 90s. Owner had it since build said it only has about 78000 miles.

Thanks to the guys over at full throttle getting me all squared up with the parts I needed and speedy delivery.
Very nice, you should do a thread in the Hybrid section about this..

I'm going to once it's on the road. I got it running Sunday sounds awesome. Going to pick up the drive shaft today. Got the scan master air fuel and boost gauge mounted last night. Just a few things to mount and a few wires for speed o and tach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
I'm going to once it's on the road. I got it running Sunday sounds awesome. Going to pick up the drive shaft today. Got the scan master air fuel and boost gauge mounted last night. Just a few things to mount and a few wires for speed o and tach.
Nice..don't forget videos:D