New Clip on You Tube on 1985 Buick Grand National!!

SHEPP2

Type either Buick Grand National or 1985 Buick Grand National it has NEW by the clip....

There's a new film or clip on You Tube were to teams work on two 1985 Buick Grand National. If you have time please check it out. A little disappointing in the end but the history on the car's are great. Just wanted to past the information. I wanted to hear you all thoughts on it. Thanks.....

You think they would have let you pretend to install the dis-4 but really leave it off and use the stock ignition? Car would have prolly ran 13.35 lmao!!!

Reactions: GW2
Hey... Not knocking the Hot Air, but it is funny that in the video, the show Kent Rodenbeck (where he broke his back @ Muncie, Ind) in his 87 Rosewood bounce and destroy his front end of his car, Turbo Tweak, and the white one that looks like D'Alensandro running in the 1/4. All 86-87 Intercooled. Just Saying!!

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

Cool video. Glad those guys aren't working on my car haha. Too bad they didn't even bother to mention the performance improvements of the '86-'87 models.

Did anyone else see the humor in the fact that the losing team lost because of a failed electrical part??? Gee, I've never had that happen on one of these tempermental b_tches...

Yeah lol. I still can't get over the fact that they hyped these cars up like they were '87 models (nothing against hot air cars). But they totally skipped the history of the intercooled cars and went straight to the gnx. Very misleading info for someone learning about these cars. Then again the build team wouldn't have know the difference. Did you hear him say "screws are for wood, these are nuts and bolts" lol.

Did anyone else see the humor in the fact that the losing team lost because of a failed electrical part??? Gee, I've never had that happen on one of these tempermental b_tches...

I keep b*tching about how something always breaks on my GN after every few hundred miles. It was stored for close to 20 years until last december when I bought it. It's usually something simple. I just keep telling myself that all the small things keep me busy when I can't afford the big things. Gotta keep the hobby alive.

these guys barely managed a second faster than stock

Of course they didn't! The first thing you do with any TR is replace the fuel pump and hot-wire it! There's no way a stock fuel pump with stock wiring will get out of the 14's!

And they didn't do the spring cleaning, either. Jeez.

Of course they didn't! The first thing you do with any TR is replace the fuel pump and hot-wire it! There's no way a stock fuel pump with stock wiring will get out of the 14's!

And they didn't do the spring cleaning, either. Jeez.

I was thinking the same. But they had headers! lol

Wait I forgot they put intercoolers on those cars, and tried to fit the intercooler with no trans in the car. Hmm yeah the motor might be leaning back a little. I honestly watched the first 30 mins then I had to skip through the rest after I saw the guy cover the entire header gasket with ultra copper. Jeez. Are these shows aimed at people that know absolutely nothing about cars? Even if so they wouldn't learn anything.

I have to say I don't have any experience with the hot air cars but I would think some hot air guys would be chiming in about their opinion of this video.

I have to say I don't have any experience with the hot air cars but I would think some hot air guys would be chiming in about their opinion of this video.

there was a rather lengthy thread about it when it first aired in the '05-'06 time frame..