New Charger is out

lieu910

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/charger/gallery.html

I'm dissapointed in the same way I was about the GTO. Yes it's a huge improvement over the Intrepid, which it replaces, but calling it a Charger is a big mistake.

With all the success that company has had I guess it was their time for a dud. You'd think they would have learned from GM and the GTO.

They need a stripped down 2-door manual trans car with the 425 horse Hemi!!

In the meantime the Magnum SRT-8 and new Viper coupe look really nice.

Why do car companies take a name from a car that was damn near a legend and stick it on some turd my mother would buy?

Ooooooohhhhhhh stand back, nothing gets me hotter and spells testosterone more than a Dodge Charger with 4 doors..... :p :eek:

Does it have the optional trunk mounted baby stroller carrier and Scotch Guard treatment for when junior barfs his Happy Meal on the rear seats? What a POS.

The 300C has a history too, long before Ford defined "musclecar" with the onset of the Mustang. The 300C was a pretty bad car in the day. The reused that name and it is now, voila, Car of the Year. Maybe they're not so dumb. Face it, this is what the public has decided it wants: RWD performance in a package that can accommodate their lives. Anyone having a mid-life crisis can still buy a Viper or a 'Vette and get their ya-ya's out. The cops won't mind running you down in their Chargers either once they hit fleet sales. :p

Mustang wasn't a muscle car, it was a pony car. :p
Pontiac invented the muscle car. (GTO) :)
Mopar made the muscle car a legend with the Hemi. :D
Buick kicked there a** with the GN.:cool:

Yeah it sucks, a four door Charger! :rolleyes: The world has gone to hell in a handbasket sure enough. What are these idiots thinking? I'm sure it well sell but I would much rather have a 97 or up Regal GS:D I wonder how long before they stick the Hemi in the Caravan? :eek:

Originally posted by TRBON8R
Ooooooohhhhhhh stand back, nothing gets me hotter and spells testosterone more than a Dodge Charger with 4 doors..... :p :eek:

Does it have the optional trunk mounted baby stroller carrier and Scotch Guard treatment for when junior barfs his Happy Meal on the rear seats? What a POS.

I hear you, but I don't think it's a POS. I mean everything they have done lately has been a quality effort. In the context of being a Charger though, it's a bomb.

If they would have said "here is your new Intrepid R/T" It would have gotten a better reaction IMO. Such a nice motor, what a shame.

Yeah, that thing just sucks. I clicked on the charger link like 10 times to make sure I was looking at the right car. I keep looking at it in disbelief. The worst part is that somebody thought this was a great idea. Ouch.

i have seen the car in person. dodge had a display at the race track a while back, they had the 4 turbo v12 car, the tommahak bike (that things awesome) and the charger prototype. i'm seeing some reselbelence to the the real car in those pictures, but it isn't doing it justice. unless they did make some big changes between the time i saw it and now.

then again the one i saw was a 2 door, maybe that will be another way its avaliable. i dont' remember the exact numbers but they did give hp and a price tag, it was a very godo bang for the buck. somewhere around 375 hp i think and was sopoust to be well under $30,000 fully loaded. i could be wrong, and probably am it was a while ago, and those were just projected numbers anyways.

who cares if its not the best looking car, if it makes power and doesn't cost an arm and a leg whos complaining? isn't that why we all like buicks here?

Originally posted by denn454
i have seen the car in person. dodge had a display at the race track a while back, they had the 4 turbo v12 car, the tommahak bike (that things awesome) and the charger prototype. i'm seeing some reselbelence to the the real car in those pictures, but it isn't doing it justice. unless they did make some big changes between the time i saw it and now.

then again the one i saw was a 2 door, maybe that will be another way its avaliable. i dont' remember the exact numbers but they did give hp and a price tag, it was a very godo bang for the buck. somewhere around 375 hp i think and was sopoust to be well under $30,000 fully loaded. i could be wrong, and probably am it was a while ago, and those were just projected numbers anyways.

who cares if its not the best looking car, if it makes power and doesn't cost an arm and a leg whos complaining? isn't that why we all like buicks here?

They havent quoted the price yet as it was just released today.

They did however, show numbers for power,

"With a 250-horsepower High Output V-6 engine or the optional 340-horsepower HEMI® engine"

So I think it will probably cost an arm and a leg to get it fully loaded with the "legendary" HEMI motor in it.

I agree wholeheartedly with your feelings about the new Charger.

On the other-hand I like the 300.
That is the 300 of a few years ago.The restyle looks like sh*t.

Looks like they were trying to imitate the Rolls that got poor reviews on styling automotive journalists and the public alike.

This sums both new styles up,

BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BlackBandit
Mustang wasn't a muscle car, it was a pony car. :p
Pontiac invented the muscle car. (GTO) :)
Mopar made the muscle car a legend with the Hemi. :D
Buick kicked there a** with the GN.:cool:

You my friend are a genius what a wonderful way to lay things down.

That thing is fuuuuuugly. Even if it was called an Intrepid.

This coming from a guy who loves the new gto.

P.S. Is this based on a Chrysler 300 platform? That would explain a lot. Doesn't make it pretty though.

I'm a big fan of the 300c and Magnum. In fact, I was minutes away from buying a 300c one day. However, the new Charger is Butt Ugly! I'm sure it will be a great car, but that front end looks like it was already in a car accident! I'm more upset about the front end looks than the 4 doors.