New Celica get educated

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
In the twisties.:eek: But only because of his lack of aggresiveness.

Going down Governor's Highway in S. Windsor, CT, he is coming at me, getting ready to turn into the same road that I am about to turn onto. I turn onto it first, then he turns and rides my tail for all of 50 feet, so I goose it and get about 30 ahead (just to get him off my ass....I hate that) and let off a little. He catches back up and rides my ass again so I nail it, the boost gauge lights up to 16lbs and I dust him bad. Approaching the 1st corner (RH sweeper), I slow down and squeal my way around it, still pulling away.:confused: Next straightaway....boost up, I'm gone. Slowed down for the next corner (tight LH) and the Radial T/A's scream in protest again. He's about 100 feet behind me now and the next straight comes up....foot goes down again, and I'm gone.

Stopped at the next intersection and I get the thumbs up, so I return the gesture.

At least he was cool about it, but if he got into it as hard as he could have I'm sure I would have gotten waxed in the turns. :eek:

Maybe the person just got the car or something, and didn't know what it could do. I know the car magazines say those things corner and slalom awesome. But hey, with straightaways, "handling' is only gonna get you so far :D Way to show him what's up. Good that he was cool about it!

I hate that

up my butt driving. I love when it happens and then we are stopped at a light with the person behind me - don't usually like the smell, smoke, and chopped rubber that gets sent in their direction!

Nice kill.

My buddy has a turd. Well, OK, so it's a TRD'd Celica GTS. Full suspension package and some here and there mods, but he's a serious autocrosser so invested in the adjustable suspension, nicer tires and some other susp/steering pieces. It is a fast car for what it is, and with him behind the wheel, a GN would have no chance on a roadcourse or twisties. He ate me up in my RX-7 and I had a HUGE power advantage...