New Buick Grand National

gn86randy

No can......can
Buick if you are listening, Request you DEVELOP a NEW GN to keep up with today's Muscle Cars....(ie, Corvette, Cobra,)...........Just a Thought :cool:

If Buick decided to bring back the GN. It would ruin the name. Instead bring back a car based on the Camaro platform, the 3800 series engine with single turbo codeveloped with Cosworth or better yet, bring over the HSV Coupe4 from Australia, and slap the ventiports on the fenders and we the enthusiasts will make it our own. Imagine that! All wheel drive, LSx motor and manual trans. I may need to relocate if our companies keep sending their best cars overseas.

pipe dreams

six cylinders making big power in domestic cars to compete with the c6 zo6 in the modern era will never happen. It will be up to all the old schoolers to keep the legacy of the 109, stage II, ta, champion, etc. motors flying.

2007GNX.jpg

NOWAY, I hope this never happen. The TR will still twist neck off any today's so-call muscle car. Buick engineer out did MOST of the automaker with this "ACE OF SPADE" Car. the car above is not a GN and will NEVER be a GN, i hope. maybe GTO gen ll. Buick should try to get more market-share before going belli-up. but i wonder what the retro GN would look like?.

If GM brought it back they would probably turn it into a front wheel drive 4 door.

ive seen that car picture brought up before, and was told that it is just a photoshoped GTO

If they come out with the 2008 GNX

I will definitly be one of the first to get one. I like the GTO, figured I may want to wait to see if something comes out later, WELL Here it is, and if it comes out I am getting one. I cant get a 2006 ZO6 Vette ($76,000), so this will have to do untill then. Under half the price.

cool pic's thanks

I would still buy one just to have, it would be the slowest of my buick's but it will be NEW, not 20 years old....if you know what I mean...

there was a 07-08 gnx on the drawing boards.. i talked to someone that was sorta workin on it. it got scrapped due to funding.
Though i agree with skillet, that if buick brought back our old cars, they would probably turn it into a front wheel drive 4 door grocery getter nightmare.. (dodge charger)
It would indeed ruin the good name. Though, there are (definitely not chrysler) some designers out there that can certainly bring back the old cars, with a nice flair. Look at the new mustang... So it is possible... just not likely. Who knows. I dont think a new gn will ruin our good name but, it will be kinda gimmicky though in my opinion, even though it may look good.

As for me, if it doesnt have a turbo charged 3.8 liter, isnt all black, or has 4 doors, i would be sick to my stomach... that would ruin everything, and probably put buick where olds is right now.
Its totally obvious, that buick is in its death throwes, and they better pull something out of their a$$ quick, if they want to impress anyone soon. All the other divisions of gm, has nice cars, in nice new shiny colours as well. Drive by a buick dealership, and tell me what you see. 3 cars... all very drab, dark, uninteresting colours, 4 doors, and straight up made for people that are 5 minutes from death....

That, in every single way, makes for ZERO job security. Old people shop around, and split hairs, for the absolute lowest prices, then, buy one car, and drive it 5 times for the entire year, and maintain it religiously, so they last forever. Thats going to put our favourite car company under if they keep nickel and diming this thing.
Its absolutely obvious, that the only cars buick ever made, that were worth a dam, was their stage 1 gsx, and our tr's. period. Other than that, buick has been churning out slugs and boats for their entire lives (albeit very luxurious and well built though). But this isnt the large dependable car era though. this is the quick, small, agile, good on gas throw-away car era. they gotta come up with something quick, and its TOTALLY obvious that our grand nationals were the only car that really represented buick the right way.
if it werent for our cars, buick would have went under in 1988, when they turned a thing of beauty (g body) into some absolutely rediculous car that was a 1988 regal. its pretty obvious that they are going to try and reach back to 1987 for some tips and tricks. our cars are one of, if not the biggest eye openers, and brow raisers around. When a buick grand national rolls thru a car show, people stop and look. You will NEVER , EVER hear ANYthing bad, come from someones mouth, when a GN rolls by. The only thing people mutter,,, are "wow, thats a sweet car." or "Look at that grand national.. i cant believe how fast those cars are..." You guys know what I'm talking about.

General motors.. if youre paying attention, the grand national was the last buick, to EVER garner looks and reactions like that... drop the long, boring boats for the old people, and light a fire under someones a$$, before the best car company around goes under... please. And no, please dont try to make a Holden Menaro into a classic grand national/gnx... please. Leave the overweight cavaliers alone.

My opinion...

Well, I don't want to spoil the fun here, but I would really like a new '07 or '08 "Grand National"...I like the way it looks, and if there was a way to give it a "Buick available-only" turbocharged V6, I'm sure it would make a great muscle car again! The GTO would have the V8 and the GN the turbo V6. Now, don't get me wrong...I absolutely love the '84-'87 GN's, ( in fact, I own one since day one...) but let's face it, times are changing and whether we want it or not square, boxy cars are a thing of the past and we should open our minds a little and not be against change...I've always been surprised about the bad reviews some guys give to the GTO...For a long time, we wanted GM to bring back a rear wheel driven, V8 powered muscle car, and now that there is one available, there are some people that are still unhappy. Oh well, I guess you can't please everyone! :rolleyes:
As for the Dodge Charger, I really like it and it does not matter to me if it has 4 doors, I think it's a great car, but that 's my own personal opinion... :rolleyes:...and it's not front-wheel drive like "Turbo6Smackdown" says... :tongue:
The new Camaro and Challenger will certainly bring back the old muscle car look again, but let's not forget one thing: What counts for the auto makers is how good they will sell, period! ...and if they don't sell they will face the same fate as their predecessors...

Claude :)

P.S: The only thing I'm sorry about is that the GTO isn't available in Canada, because I would have bought one for sure!!!