New Army Brigade check it out!

tc86gn

This is a new concept in a brigade size combat element. I thought some of you guys out there might find it interesting. Ther are lots of links there to click on to look further into it. I will be evaluating this new Brigade when it rotates through Ft. Polk in May.
I have been called to active duty to help mobilize units by evaluating their combat readiness in all areas. My particular area of expertise is in the maintenance field. I have 21 years of service (8 active). My civilian job is what is known as a military technician. To have my civilian job, I have to maintain Army Reserve membership. I work at an ECS (equipment concentration site). We store and maintain every type of military equipment except aviation equipment. The Army's idea of this program is to keep Trained Reservists in the reserve that do the same job in the civilian sector. I Would rather have gone into the sand box again, but the Army says that this is where they want me to be. This is my small piece of the pie. It is satisfying work though, and very interesting. Enjoy.

http://www.army.mil/features/strykerOE/default.htm

SFC Thomas Chapman
US Army

fyi,the marine corps has been using that vehicle(lav)for years .i'm not sure why the army felt the need to remove the badass gun tho.why would you take off a 25mm chain gun and replace it with a .50 cal?:confused:

i have heard from reliable sources:)that the lav will do over 70mph tho:eek: .

later,sean

Actually that is not a LAV. It looks similar, but it is not the same vehicle.

SFC Chapman
US Army