new 61.5 mm GTX billet wheel hot air turbo by Reed at Work

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Nice stuff, cant wait to see it installed onto my car.... Just finished.
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, looking good reed. Nothing but beauty there. How much power is it going to support? Looks like a big wheel in a small housing. I still need to send him a turbo to have done

What exhaust wheel? What exhaust housing? How much will the cover support and how much is it going to choke it down. Looks like a sweet setup.

I have a 6768 on mine.

I wish I could tell you Brent. I asked for X, and he said...ill do X to achieve X. So maybe when I get my invoices I can give some details, as I can try to act knowledgeable...but really do not know what I am talking about with a turbo.

The wheel he had created is the new version for him. If you look closely it still an 11 blade but it is the GTX style.

ok, heard back from Reed so i appear not to be such a newbie with the turbo :) This new wheel is a 62x82.5mm compressor, with the turbine being 71x61.9mm, his version of the 6262 with the new style GTX wheel.

The main reason for this change over my previous compressor wheel choices was to lower the compressor outlet temps as much as possible at higher boost pressures. On some other applications we have seen 30-40*f drops in discharge temps comparing to a wheel with a primary/splitter blade design at the same pressure ratio. The only issue is sometimes the "11+0" design will give up a little torque at lower boost pressures. A non intercooled car with Alky is a great application for this technology.

The main reason for this change over my previous compressor wheel choices was to lower the compressor outlet temps as much as possible at higher boost pressures. On some other applications we have seen 30-40*f drops in discharge temps comparing to a wheel with a primary/splitter blade design at the same pressure ratio. The only issue is sometimes the "11+0" design will give up a little torque at lower boost pressures. A non intercooled car with Alky is a great application for this technology.
How much bigger and efficient is this wheel compared to the old 60-1 wheel?