New 2004R only works in R and D!? No 1, 2., or 3 manual operation.

Redrum

I have just finished my 69 Chevelle SS and for the first time went to the track. The first run I put it in drive and the tranny shifted at about 4500 RPM, way below the power band!

Well I thought no problem I will just use the B & M pro-stick shifter and manually shift the tranny. I put it in 1st and tried to load up the convertor. It would not load at all. It seems to be locked up. I pulled off the track and very carefully made sure I did ont have the convertor locked, same thing. I tested 2nd and 3rd manual and all are the same. I have had this tranny for nearly 2 years while I was building the car and not once did I ever find the desire or need to test this function!

The tranny still works fine in normal driving just like it always has. Sure ruined my day at the track though.

Okay you experts, what the heck is going on with this tranny. I have ZERO experience with the internals of any tranny so answers must be in crayon! I sure hope this is something easy as I do not want to be pulling and shipping my tranny for repairs! I do still have the original shippping crate though.

Call me

916-952-9567 Call me Sunday morning. Let me know what is up. I am curious....

Bruce
WE4

I sure would like to know what was done to fix this problem. My transmission is acting similar to this.