Never Registered GNX #139... is this real?

Ryder4864

This thing keeps showing up for sale!
This is not #139 :confused: . My friend in Flroida actualy owns #139,
It is registered and one of the few GNX's that can still be seen driving around from time to time.
guess he'll have to call this guy again and say WTF

Talked to my friend about this car being for sale again. He said he had the VIN# checked last time it came up for sale and it belongs to #136 not 139

Yes, I believe that is real. They wanted $50K for that car in 2000. My guess is that car will be there in 2010.

Despite the numbers being wrong (how you could mess that up, I dont' know?), is the car actually worth $95,000?? I mean, come on, they're rare, but rare enough to be worth that much? :confused:

Haha, yeah. Those darn fat fingers, always getting in the way of things. ;)

Never thought of that one.

That car should be #136 as I gave the VIN to Joe Harrington over a year ago when I first saw this. I have #139. I called those morons and sent e mails to them over a year ago and they have not fixed the problem.

Guys let me help.

I grew up exactly 1/2 block from that used car lot---that guy was notorious for shady cars. I know that car is not on the lot or I would have seen it and probably wrecked my squad car rippin a U turn to check it out, however I will go by there either today or tommorow around noon. I did see a ratty 87 GN on the lot that his "Carny-like" porter said was gonna get body work and a paint job in a few days. My guess is that he posted that to get someone in to look at the ratty repainted one(bait and switch). I also asked the porter "Bob" if the ratty GN was the same one that the owner used to drive around all the time when I was growin up. He said it wasnt the car. Maybe he cloned the car I used to see. I will report back as soon as I can. As far as the cars worth... That lot is in a heavily traveled area especially by the drug dealers of this great city, and I could see one of those high rollers buying that car for a price real close to that. I think Im gonna threaten to bring in the auto theft unit if he dont let me drive it!! :D

Update.

Just got off the phone with the owner, man hes got some great stories. Anyway as I suspected the car is not at the lot---he keeps it at his condo garage downtown...He told me that I could see the car after we BSed about the 87GN I rememer him driving when I was a kid. Might check out the GNX Saturday if its not too busy in the district...Anyway He bought the car from an Indiana dealer---he told me the name but I forgot it. I did mention the number sequence issue and he replied he wasnt too sure but he thinks it might be #129? :confused: . Anyway he also said he turned down 75k for the car from 2 guys out of jersey :eek: . My "spidey senses" started to tingle a bit after that but for the most part I would bet a small amount that the car is legit to this point. Also sounded like he has a guy comin up from St. Louis to buy an 87 on his lot that he thinks is highly modded for 13 grand. The guy was about an hour away. I hope he knows what hes doing. I know there are people out there that dont care how much money they spend but do u think he will actually get 95k for that car?

Brer Rabbit- I too drive a squad car for a living. Thanks for helping out. If you make 10-25 (contact) with the guy. Please tell the Mo-Ron to correct his advertisement as the car is NOT #139.

I have the same opinion of that car lot. (Shady) The car is photographed with a dealer plate on the front. You would not generally install both plates(esp. dealer plates) unless you were driving the car. Ad claims the odometer reads 60 miles. My opinion is the only thing that will keep the owner from getting 85- 90K( if it's legit) for that car is advertising it from that dealership and he needs to get the facts straight about what number it actually is. Sell it from your downtown condo and never mention The Great Auto Race dealership. Thanks for keeping our streets safe Brer. You don't belong to the Chicago Gearheads car club do you?

Chicago gear heads ---yes and no

I didnt pay the dues this year---I couldnt find Billy Lynch to pay him--he works in the front office now so I hardly see him anymore. Ill catch up with him soon and then just look for the loud mouth with the white T/type and GNX wheels ;) .

Hey Brer! Help me out with a ticket, they got me right when it slows down to 35 on the Skyway. :biggrin: Just kidding.

Where is this dealership at?

The Great Auto Race
2200 North Cicero Ave.
Chicago, IL 60639

They finance, so I'm gonna bring my pay stubs and see about buying that GNX for no money down! The sign says "BUY HERE, PAY HERE"

Directions to fraudville

Get off the Kennedy at Fullerton, go West on Fullerton for 3 miles till u get to Cicero Ave. make a left (South) on Cicero for two blocks---corner lot on the left at the light. :D Bring some lubrication. :eek:

Brer - Did you ask him why he didnt just look at the dash to get the correct #? Seems really fishy that a guy that knows about these cars would get something wrong as simple and important as that.

Good Point

I can tell by talking to him that he bought the car with the sole intention of making money on it. He has an interesting story about how he had to buy 5 regular GNs from that Indiana dealer before he was allowed to but the GNX. If thats true, well then thats cool but keep in mind he is a used car salesman. He really does not know alot about GNs which he admitted to me. As far as the number of the car issue I have a strong feeling that his disinterest in the car is only outwieghed by the dollar value it might bring one day.

I'm not the a GNX expert but you would you put a aftermarket radio in a ultra rare car .Trying to sell a car and you only have one picture of the car .Sound like a scam to me.

Brer- Did you get a look at this GNX today? Where did someone see that this car had an aftermarket radio installed?