Never Ready

6APPEAL

No matter how prepared you think you are, you are never ready for the loss of a loved one. My mom called last night at 3:35AM to let me know my grandfather (her father) had passed away. It's been a slow progression. Alzheimer's is a cruel disease. It was painful to watch my once lively grandfather, who loved to hunt and fish slowly fade away until he no longer recognized me. The fantastic folks at the Hospice center took very good care of him during his last days. Those people are truely a gift from God. I happy he's in a better place, following my grandmother who passed 2 years ago.

For now, I'm only filled with grief. But I know that I have 41 years of fantastic memories that will soon replace the pain and the huge hole left in my life. I wish my Dad would move closer so that my daughters could have some the same memories of their grandfather.

John

Very sorry to hear this news Johnny.
My prayers are with you, Patty and your family.
Take care.

Patrick

Im sorry for your loss. Times like these are very hard. My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and try to remember all the good time toghter.

Brent