never giving up

turboCR

Just a note to all who helped me, and those who need help from this board. These cars are complicated, but if you don't give up chasing problems, you will eventually be successful.

I was going 80 mph-my timing gears let loose. The car has 200,000 miles, I do meticulous maintenance. There was a lot of collateral damage. My wife told me to get a new car, my friends all told me to get rid of my POS. I ignored them all and got her back together, upgraded everything I could and got her running in about 2 weeks.

After than I chased a misfire for 2 more weeks; one time it stranded me in the rain for 4-hours. I used all 3 of my AAA yearly free tows. My wife was pissed.

I finally found the misfire, along with some belp from a very patient family owned GM dealership. The problem was the rebuilt injectors that I purchased and a wire in the harness that had rubbed enough behind the coil to expose the wire.

I put the original injectors back in, they canibilized an old harness, and she is as good as new-for now. $180.00

Thanks for all the help. I'm never giving up.

My girlfriend absolutely hates my car. Everyone tells me the same, get rid of it. it's taking up too much of my time and money. one thing they dont see...it's mines.

My hubby likes to cuss about my hot air a lot, but when it all comes together he's not too bad. They're a lot of work, especially since it's not that easy to work on them as the intercooled. (no room) I like the fact not too many have them and it's paid for for the most part.