Netbook for powerlogger

KentuckyV6

I have an older system with Direct scan and windows 98.

I am looking to get a Powerlogger setup with a newer PC and WindowsXP.

Does anyone have experiance with a new Netbook and powerlogger? I am concerned about screen size and any other issues I might be overlooking.

I would like to make a mount that could be in the area just above the AC controls.

If someone has done this I would like your impressions (and pics if available).

thanks

(Copied from Fullthrottle)

PowerLogger will work on anything Windows 98SE or higher.

CPU requirements: Pentium II, 233 mhz or faster, 192 meg RAM, a few spare Gig on the hard-drive, USB port. This is the bare minimum, and will function ok.

PowerLogger is USB only. Windows 95 and NT do not support USB.

Bob

im using a gateway 11.6" computer. it has vista which i dont like but it works great since all i use it for is the XFI. this computer never leaves my car. im using one of marks TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups laptop stands. this is the best computer to use for this setup. here is a picture.

l_1f87dcb846ae41238a7c6e0133a93c1a.jpg

netbook and powerlogger

I have an Asus eeePC netbook with windows xp. It runs powerlogger great, but the screen is way too small to look at while going 100mph plus. I basically just watch the gauges in the car and use the laptop to log the run. i believe the netbook has a 8.5 inch screen....hope this helps.

size of screen as it relates to powerlogger is the main concern I have. My sony has an 11.1 screen. I use the sony for business and don't want to tie it up for a car that gets occasional use.

Thanks for the replys and picture and I welcome more input if you have any.

I bought an Acer netbook with a 10.1" screen, uses XP, has over 6 hour battery life, and cost about $325. Works perfect for Powerlogger.

HTH

IMOP the 10.1" screens are just to small. the 11.6 is just about right.