Neep some paint help

gnsrule

Im in the middle of painting the golf cart. I went to the paint shop w/ my hood scoop as the sample color and said his scanner wouldnt scan the scoop so therefore he couldnt color match me a qt of paint, bla, bla, bla..
Now that it Sunday and the only place to get any paint is Homey Depot or Menards. Im wondering if they could tint up some Rustolium that i could cut w/ enamel reducer and spray. Remember, it is only the golf cart.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Craig

I know its not Buick related and should probably be in a differant place but I'm looking for some pretty quick help. Thanks again

Go to a local Maaco. They'll sell you a quart and they'll tint it to match.

The repaint on my Regal sucks but I'm getting everything done mechanically before I tackle the body. But it had a black GN header panel on it when I bought it. I'm an auto insurance appraiser so I deal with body shops every day, but I knew they'd want too much to paint it. So I took the header panel off the car and took it to Maaco. I went through the books until I found a chip that was close enough and they tinted it to match better. I wasn't looking for anything great since I'll be repainting the car eventually. They only charged me $125 and I was extremely happy with how it turned out. It was also a triple stage paint (pearl finish), they didn't make any money off that deal.

Attachments

• Picture059.jpg
    Picture059.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 158
Craig,

being Sunday with not many options, I dont think rustoleum comes in a tintable base.

are you wanting to spray the fiberglass body parts on the golf buggy?

you can pick up a gallon of exterior oil and have tinted...modified urethane enamel would prolly work best which should be like a toluene based product (read back of can) which of course would recommend to not thin but what do they know.. and would come in gloss but the big Que is would HD or Menards carry that?..i dont know

used to have golf buggy with polaris 600 fan cooled in it and modified 3.5 to 1 final drive;)

Thanks for the input guys. I went down to Menards and found this:
RustOleum.com
Navy Blue was not dark enuff so I had the guy tint it up untill I got something real close. At least close enuff for the golf cart. I'm thinking about painting the canopy and doing the seats in Silver.
From this :
DSC00273.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

to this:
DSC00279.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Craig

Im in the middle of painting the golf cart. I went to the paint shop w/ my hood scoop as the sample color and said his scanner wouldnt scan the scoop so therefore he couldnt color match me a qt of paint, bla, bla, bla..
Now that it Sunday and the only place to get any paint is Homey Depot or Menards. Im wondering if they could tint up some Rustolium that i could cut w/ enamel reducer and spray. Remember, it is only the golf cart.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Craig

I know its not Buick related and should probably be in a differant place but I'm looking for some pretty quick help. Thanks again

only just saw this....you took the scoop from your car......our computer will match anything in Dupont..another for BASF and another for PPG....some paint supply stores do not have the capacity to do all types of automotive paint.....we used to not be able to do acrylic enamel that may be the case with them........painted golf carts are cool