Needs Help Very Badly

The original miles is 107,000 plus and three gear teeth were broken. The caused is ...... frozen oil pump. I don't know if it was from an additive I put after a recent changed of oil.

I HOPE NOT

YIKES!

I was just reading this thread in the general section and someones reply got me to thinking. I hope your pistons didn't kiss any of the valves during the cranking or immediately after the teeth broke. Got to remember that with the teeth broke, that the cam wasn't spinning anymore in sync with the crank. Therefore you could end up like me with bent valves when this happens (mine was actually caused by laziness and alcohol during a rebuild recently). Just a thought... But after the chain/gear replacement I would do a compression check before firing it up. Or you may be able to tell by pulling the valve covers and the rocker arms and looking at the valve spring heights (mine was VERY noticeable).

Derrick

Originally posted by tech69
The original miles is 107,000 plus and three gear teeth were broken. The caused is ...... frozen oil pump. I don't know if it was from an additive I put after a recent changed of oil.
Manny,
Did you take a look at the Camshaft gear? How is it? Hope it's OK. And what "additive" did you put in the oil?

Derrick: It was the gear teeth on the Cam position sensor that broke.:( Don't know if the Camshaft gear got hurt. But the rocker arms moves when cranking the motor.:)

Guy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, That makes more sense.. :) I figured 3 teeth on the cam gear and it would still work. In that case, replacing the CPS is a snap. :D Any plans for trying to get the residue out of the motor though????? Probably need to drop the pan at the VERY least.... Besides if you did that you can clean the oil pickup as well as the first time I dropped my pan, the oil pickup screen was almost completely clogged with junk and rope seal pieces.. :)

Derrick