Needs Help Very Badly

tech69

Driving home this afternoon on Likelike, I heard something pop underneath, like I ran over something
on the road. I checked my rear view mirror and saw smoke. I just barely have enough power to pull off to
the side.

What happened?

Manny

Sorry I don't know anything about cars. I just drove them. So tell me, what is SES light and
where do I find it?

SES...............

Service engine light soon. Any of the idiot lights came on?

Maybe one of us can check it out. Any good bars on that side???:D Karaoke, darts and women??? Is that asking too much??:confused:

Manny,

Have you looked under the hood yet? Are all the hoses secure? May have popped a intercooler hose. Visually check the motor first, then pull the code if everything looks normal under the hood.
Look for anything out of the ordinary--hoses not connected, etc...
Let us know.

Steve

Hoses are all connected. No leaks underneath. Someone from mentioned that it could be
the started; flywheel broke. Another one suggested it could be the timing chain which I hope
it's not.

If it's cranking then it's not the flywheel. Did you get the car home? I too think it sounded like an intercooler hose rupture/blow off. But since you said that's not it then I guess we look elsewhere. You can check the timing chain pretty easy. Take the oil fill tube off the valve cover and while cranking the car over a few revolutions look at the rocker arms under the cover and see if they move. If they move then you know it's not the timing chain. Did you notice what color smoke you saw? No leaks anywhere? Really need to know if there are any codes stored. You could check to see if the coil is trying to fire. Just remove a plug wire from the coil pack and crank the car over. That would also rule out the crank sensor. When you crank the car over with a wire disconnected you'll hear and see the arc from the post of the coil pack. By any chance do you have a fuel pressure gage on the car? And water in the oil? (it would probably be hard to tell on the dipstick since the engine didn't run much after the pop to mix the oil into a milkshake if there was water in the oil)...

Derrick

I know there are others out there in/near Kaneohe who could help out too...

Sorry guys. I wish I have additional info to add. I think a scantool can diagnose the cause of the problem.

Anyone there has scantool who lives close by Kahaluu, Valley of the Temples?

Please give me a call tomorrow at 239-9592.

Mahalo.

Manny

Manny, did you follow the link that I posted earlier? :confused:

Here it is again. Malfunction Codes Reference

You don't need a scantool to see what malfuntion codes the ECM is flashing. Just a paperclip. :)

Keep us informed. :)

Thanks to Guy, we were able to find the problem. Three of the cam shaft gears were broken.

Thanks for all your concern and assistance.

Manny:cool:

wait, there is only one camshaft gear, or are you referring to the teeth on the gear....?? if so, then it looks like mine, BTW, how many miles on the car/motor?