Needing parts advice on a trans rebuild?

buttonfly

The stable....
I am getting ready to go through my trans for a winter project. I was wanting to know some pro's and con's of what people may have run into. I was thinking soft overhaul with good band and calling it a day. I really dont know if I would benefit from a servo at my power level.

alto clutches
alto band
hardened anchor
hardened shell

what boost valves?? I see a few
10 vane pump with hardened stator
I was thinking about a Sonnax servo, but I know there are many, but is it really needed??

Any advise is much appreciated.

I work at a Chevrolet dealership so I can get gm parts too. What do you guys think, or is there anything I am missing that I should consider while I am in there?? I am just going to have one of my tranny guys build it. I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanx J

Here is how I would build a mid 11 sec transmission non trans brake car.
Alto wide band
6 alto clutches in the direct
3 borg warner OD clutches
whatever brand for Forwards/overrun/low
10 or 13 vane pump with hardened stator
CK performance shift kit with .500 and .290 boost valves. I like the CK servo a lot more than most others I have tried but for an 11 sec car a 3 speed 200 servo will work great and even the stocker holds up pretty well.(more servo apply area is always better imo)
CK billet forward drum
Dual feed the directs
and a quality seals/gasket kit with one peice seals. I actually use the iron rings on the center support and have not had any issues at all.
new TCC solenoid and new sprags front and rear.
The GN has the hardened sunshell.
and a good billet anchor pin if Im using a good servo
Im sure i left out some small detail but thats the jist of it. you could get away possibly with a stock forward drum but at that power I wouldn't chance it. Obviously others have their ways as well but this has worked well for mid 11 sec cars that I have built them for.

Give me a call, I will give you a recipe that works flawlessly for your aplication and won't bankrupt you. We are crazy busy and don't have time for emails. Plenty of time for phone calls on my bluetooth though. PM sent also....

Give me a call, I will give you a recipe that works flawlessly for your aplication and won't bankrupt you. We are crazy busy and don't have time for emails. Plenty of time for phone calls on my bluetooth though. PM sent also....

Thank you Dave. I will be giving you a call. I appreciate the help. J

If you decide to follow JDS advice give us a call.I have what you need for a successful rebuild.

If you decide to follow JDS advice give us a call.I have what you need for a successful rebuild.

Not being mean to David but Chris makes the hard parts that let our trannies live at higher HP levels. Contact Chris on how to do it please.:)

All the parts you will ever need are available from the same places Chris,Lonnie,Bruce,Brian can get them...if I'm leaving out a main contributer, My appoligies..
"parts are parts", to be blunt and more to the point, Our board has many qualified repairmen, but very few compared to the people I can think of that have put such a huge amount of time,money, and in most cases "Normal Life", whatever that is..:rolleyes: My sincere advice is to talk to "Any & All" of them, then make your decision to follow "Their" instructions to the letter, and I mean EXACTLY, not close/almost/mostly.. BS, do as they reccomend and you will end up with expected results, spending your hard earned money with the people who have already spent their lifes so called "available time" for the betterment of you and me deserve the monetary commerce.
Grease the squeaky wheels first(home), then grease the ones that make our lives easier/better, thats a "Real Life" in my book.
Good luck on your project.

Kevin.