Needed Parts

bigal915

I am in need of a rim from an 84 Grand National and a rear end. i dont care if its posi or a one wheel peeler.

gn rearend and wheel

I have a 1987 non posi rear with a posi center not installed and a wheel. Located near buffalo ny .

Is the rim off of a 84? What do you mean by it's not posi with posi center? What gears is it?

The wheels are the stock 84 or 85 style that look like the 86 to 87 ttype aluminum rims with black painted centers. The rear was out of an 1987 t type it is non posi with aluminum brake drums but i bought a stock posi center section its just not installed. It has 342 gears.

can you post a pic of the rim plz. :confused:how hard would it be to install those gears? how much would you want for both?
thanks

Not hard to install the posi unit you could run it the way it is now if you wanted it has 342 gears now just not posi.For 750 you can have the rear and one of the wheels. These 8.5 rear ends are not to easy to come by because they are so much stronger then the 7.5 rear ends that the chevy monte carlos and such used.I dont have any pictures but if you look at any 84 to 85 grand national thats what they are. I have 1986 and 87 steel chrome grand national wheels also. The rear end looks good it has been sand blasted and painted black.

is the posi gear set an eaton? do you have any axles that are for sale because i think that is all i need to replace? if you have any how much for the 84 rim, posi gears, and an axle?
thanks