Need Trans Shifter cable

Preston87GN

My transmission shifter cable broke today :eek:

So I need the shifter cable from the center console to transmission for my 87 GN.Please pm me if you have a good one...hope someone has one becuase my car is not drivable now :(

I bought one from advance auto and it fit perfect.The only difference was the rubber boot was not the same,I think it was $35 or kirban sell a gm one for $65.Good Luck!!!

Ive got a factory one for 40.00
If you need to drive the car use the collar on the column. Just like you would if it was column shifted
You can still shift the car as long as the lockout rod is still connected
Jeff

I have one for 65 dollars free shipping.....brand new OEM from GM. paypal accepted....let me know.....Robert in Nashville, TN. give me a call
615-306-0800....word to the wise.....aftermarkets dont work....i bought one from advanced and the eye was not big enough. went through about 4 aftermarkets and none of them worked...i couldn't drive my car for 2 weeks looking for the right dang cable......i have an extra if you need it......let me know.......

thanks guys for the offers but I bought one from Napa for $20.00....its not the best but oh well it works.

You should be able to shift by moving the collar on the steering column. But glad you found one.