need thoughts on a possible failure

jamier

tranny started to act up recently and im not sure if i toasted it or not. I came to a stop sign and decided to hit it just abit, i noticed i my knock guage was lit up so i let off right away.figured out it was false knock caused by noise. the car drove finefor awhile after but 2 days later the tranny seemed to be making noise. when i shiftfrom park to drive i hear a kinda grinding noise that goes away as soon as im in gear. 1st gear is fine buat second is a very late sluggish shift and the motor seems to free rev into it. once it does get into gear it seems fine but i have noticed it's making some noise, i havent drove the car since. the tranny was rebuilt and ran strong . i daily drive the car but have race it on weekends, went 11.49 at 119 with the rebuilt tranny , i put in an orange stripe converter just befoe winter storage time and havent been to the track this year. does it soud like i fried the tranny or could the converter have gone south?? i never had a problem with the stock converter but this is my 2nd orange stripe and possibly my 2nd wiped out tranny any help appreciated..