need the brass oil drain fitting that threads into the front of the block

BW Jones

not sure what happened to mine, but can't find it now. :confused:
i need the brass oil drain fitting (adapter) that threads into the front of the 86/87 block (the turbo oil drain threads into it). please let me know if you have one available or where one can be purchased. i tried several local hardware & auto parts stores, but none of them had it.
thanks .......... bw jones

thanks but no thanks

ken,
thanks for your reply, but there's no way this part is worth $50 to me :eek: . i just need a brass one ........ a GOLD one is not necessary :wink: . i'm glad to assist others with their parts needs by offering any of my extra parts for very modest prices. if anyone else has one available (for a reasonable amount), please let me know. or if someone has one and would like to trade it for a different part that i have available, i'd be more than happy to help :) .
bw jones

brass adapter

vac6,
i figured it was a $10 to $15 part. do you have one for sale? if so, let me know what you need for it.
thanks .......... bw jones

ken,
thanks for your reply, but there's no way this part is worth $50 to me :eek: . i just need a brass one ........ a GOLD one is not necessary :wink: . i'm glad to assist others with their parts needs by offering any of my extra parts for very modest prices. if anyone else has one available (for a reasonable amount), please let me know. or if someone has one and would like to trade it for a different part that i have available, i'd be more than happy to help :) .
bw jones

What exactly do u have ??

BW Ken Diersing here. I agree with you about the price for the brass fitting returning the oil to the block, but I misunderstood which part you wanted. I have the part that has the oil pressure line in it and sending unit for the oil pressure sending unit. Sorry

Ken

Is this what your looking for? If so, I dont need it.

oildrain.jpg

brass adapter fitting

TT/Ameasap,
THANKS FOR POSTING THE PHOTO ...... THAT'S WHAT I NEED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH YOU NEED FOR IT. I APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY.:smile:

KEN,
NO PROBLEM ........ THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. IF THERE'S EVER ANYTHING I CAN ASSIST YOU WITH, JUST LET ME KNOW.:smile:

BW JONES

BIG Thanks!!!

Many thanks to each that posted, emailed & PM'ed in an effort to help. It's refreshing to have so many step-up and try to help. I'm all set for now. :cool:
BW Jones

I bought a new one from NAPA. It's nothing special. The guy at NAPA had to order it...I had it the next day.

What pissed me off is the fitting itself was $5.95...and the parts guy ordered it to be sent via mail...I heard him say that over the phone. The jerks he ordered it from sent it via one of our little local freight deliverers and that cost more than the part....about $7.00.

thanks!

chris,
thanks for the input. i thought i bought one from our local NAPA store a few years ago .......... so i went back there the other day trying to find one and the guy said he couldn't find anything like it in his fittings catalog. i'm not sure he looked very hard :confused: .
bw jones

I'll find out what it is....something like 1/2" male pipe to 3/4" or 1" female inverted flair..but I'm not certain. The guy at NAPA will know and I'll let you know. As I previously said, NAPA had to order it from somewhere else.

K....I asked the parts guys at NAPA. It's a 1/2" male pipe to 3/4" female inverted flair. He said most well stocked hardware stores should have it, which was news to me.

I also asked where he ordered it from...the place is called "House of Hose" in Spokane, which is a large hose and fittings store. Perhaps you have that type of store near you.

Good luck.