Need steel braid turbo oil line

Darkside

Need steel braid turbo oil line. Where is the best place to buy one? I suspect my seals went out in my turbo because of a kinked stock hard line?

If your oil line is kinked, then you've no doubt created a restriction.

Don't know where to get steel braded oil line (maybe try summit racing, they might have it in lots of differant lengths). but, heres an idea I'll throw out there for you or anybody else that might be interested. When I replace my turbo with a new one, I'm going to make my own steel hard line to the turbo. I already have the three tools to do this. If you don't, you can try to borrow, but their actually really cheap at any parts store. You'll need: tube cutter, flange maker kit, and a tube bender(probably not the correct names for any of them lol). You can probably get all 3 for around $50, or, lots of part stores rent them. (I can take a picture of all three tools when I get home if anybody would like) All I'll need to do is go to the parts store and get the appropriate size round tube stock, and 2 new fittings for each end (very, very inexpensive) I'll then climb into the engine compt with the tube stock and the tube bender, and custom bend, section by section, from the oil pump to the turbo. I am going to use a slightly differant path than the stock because: I have all kinds of length to work with, I want to take a slightly differant route to keep that line a little farther away from the "hot" engine block, and, I don't want to run it through the little section against the intake manifold right before it gets to the turbo right there by the up-pipe. The less the line contacts engine componets, the less the oil gets heated up, right? I may be comparing apples and oranges here, but, that line is 20+ years old, and needs to be replaced anyway.
A couple tips: before putting the flanges on the ends, a little steel wool and about 10 minutes of rubbing will shine that line nicer than chrome, and make sure to put the 2 fittings on before pressing the flanges. I bought those tools 12 years ago, and they paid for themselves many times over. Keep in mind you can now fab or repair tranny lines, fuel lines, etc.

Any industrial hose company can make a steel braided line for you. Typical charge for one around here is about 20 bucks. I go with a teflon inner hose braided stainless on the outside.

Otherwise you can go with any aftermarket style hose like Earls, Aeroquip etc. Check Summit or Jegs for those if you don't have a local hose house.