need staff where I work

TurboGTA

Ok I might have mentioned this before on here

I work in Juvenile Justice its a state job entry level positions start at around $14/hr which might not sound great but for a little town like this it is pretty good pay

there are other jobs in my area as well

so how do i get people to come here?

we cannot keep people ,they hire young college grads and they work for maybe a yr--they are unreliable call off all the time show up late etc etc

so for the past 4 yrs we have been short staffed by about 30 or more people we can't keep them

they start and then move on to other state positions

now juvenile justice is a demanding job so thats why I stay on 3rd shift and get paid to watch movies---BUT I always have to worry about getting stuck for a mandated ovetime because we are short staffed and people call off--so i get stuck for a double shift

ok so send me some people to work here please

youth development aide state of PA civil service list dept public welfare

Danville PA 17821

14/hr for a college grad? You have to be kidding me.

Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

Pay more.

Trying to find good help can be like finding a needle in a haystack.

We had a guy at the dealershipcome in off the streets looking for a sales job.

We believe in giving people a chance.

Guy was a natural. He would make me want to buy a car from him! Just 110% likeable. He was from the hood...ghetto fabulous. He didn't have a car so after his first few weeks I paid for him a $1000 car to get around in. He would pay me back....OK...

He made $8k his 2nd month there!!!! Nobody does that down here in Mississippi. Money is usually to tight around here...but he did!

Got his first check and spent it on crack. And sold the car I gave him for crack after he blew thru the $$$...all in one weekend:eek: :eek: :eek:

We had to fire him. He immediately went across the street to a competitors dealership and made 10 friggin grand his first month there...and smoked it all and lost that job.

How many people with no education would kill for the chance to knock down 6 figures...one rule...don't smoke crack?!?!?!?

Yeah, I understand that. If that's the case hen there's nothing he can do. Just try to hire the best people and hope that they stay. Maybe some people just don't know where to look to find the job openings? Try advertising on craigslist or the local paper?

Usually jobs by the state have a pension, benefits and job security attached to them.

We have a few guys that came over from Juvenile Justice and they all hated it. But they all said it's a good place to start, a stepping stone.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Usually jobs by the state have a pension, benefits and job security attached to them.

gnxtc2@aol.com

Yep, I work for the state of NC. If I can hold on for 8 more years then they'll start paying me to not show up. :smile: As far as benefits, there's great sick and vacation earnings. The only problem is that being short staffed it's hard to get vacation approved. Could I make more money some where else? Sure I could but believe it or not, somethings are more important than money.