Need some roll cage info

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
Hey guys, I will be honest and say I dont have the first clue about roll cages. I am in te process of building a car that I would think will be capable of some high nines, and I would like to find out. I like the look of a cage and the safety factors, But dislike how invasive they are to install.......So where can I find the specs they have to be built to? and also, do they have to be attached to the frame or will a large beefy floor gusset do? sorry for the dumb questions. Just looking for some info!

A call to

Hey guys, I will be honest and say I dont have the first clue about roll cages. I am in te process of building a car that I would think will be capable of some high nines, and I would like to find out. I like the look of a cage and the safety factors, But dislike how invasive they are to install.......So where can I find the specs they have to be built to? and also, do they have to be attached to the frame or will a large beefy floor gusset do? sorry for the dumb questions. Just looking for some info!

NHRA, and some $$ will get you a rulebook. All you need to know is in there.

sfi specs say all perimimeter frame cars must have cage welded to frame. I have the book if you need to know anything else.

If you want to really stiffin the body up and rattle your brains, you weld the cage to the frame, then weld fill in plates to the cage and the floor of the car, the body mounts now become spacers. ;)