Need some Rod's

yipekiya

Turbo Yoda
Needed 6.5 wide journal on-center even fire's with 2.20 rod journals... Anyone able to help me??

Yipekiya,

Are you sure about that journal diameter? It's not a Buick V6 diameter or a SBC diameter either. Do you mean 2.250"?

Neal

Yes this crank was ground with bbc rod journal diameter. I have a set of 6.375 rods but with my pistons(je's I bought for 6.5" rod) this will net me about a 6-1 compression ratio:( .

When i was asking about some rods in this section my post got the boot into parts wanted. I guess im not as well liked as you are:) Maybe i worded it wrong and should have posted needed instead of wanted LOL.. Some people like to make a big deal out of nothing and dont have anything better to do than email the moderators and complain i guess.:rolleyes: You better look out for the Barney Fife He He Just kidding Kendall (Dave) i know you just doing your job when Barney Fifes complain:D

Geno, you need to get back to work and get off the computer! :D I left this as I thought somebody might have a recommendation for usable rods for Rob.

Rob,

You could order some customs with the BBC journal and the 6.5" length from Carillo, Cunningham, etc.; I think Cunningham gets right around $900-1k for a set, and Carillo starts at about $1200. I think your cheapest option is to just buy new pistons, though...the 6.375" rod will actually allow a better piston compression height, making it easier to fit the dish, too.

Good luck,

Just wanted to yank your chain Kendal He He:) That was pretty easy;) I have to agree the cheapest route is the new pistons. You will end up with a better ring stack anyways.What bore pistons are they? I might be able to use them if there 4.000 or maybe 4.030

Rods

Rob, UPS comes out to about $105 on the block. I'm going to a big circle track swap meet next weekend and there will probably be a pile of big block stuff. Maybe we can find a set with a bad rod and you could get six good ones at a bargain. I''ll talk to you in a couple of days. Ron