Need some info

Brad_H

So I am close to firing up my GN.......before I tore It down it had the 84 ecm in it. I have everything needed for the 87 ecm. My question is, is it safe to install it right away since I did an off chassi Restoration, or should I put the 84 ecm back in and make sure it runs?

It should run with the 87 ECM, mine runs fine currently with what I believe to be a stock chip for an 87 car... But I don't boost it or drive it right now and I will be getting the proper chip burned in the spring when there is no snow.

It should start and run ok but I would not go into boost!

So I am close to firing up my GN.......before I tore It down it had the 84 ecm in it. I have everything needed for the 87 ecm. My question is, is it safe to install it right away since I did an off chassi Restoration, or should I put the 84 ecm back in and make sure it runs?
Should be fine keep a look out on how the fuel is burning to prevent misfiring

I say . . . If new ft cam, use old ecm to make sure it starts right away, and runs to break in the cam.

Ya I still have the stock cam in, but still need to know if I need to re burn my tt chip to run a electric fan with 192066 kit

When I ordered the tt chip it never asked if I was running a electric fan so I never thought to mention it

So long as your chip is burned for your injectors and setup....you will be fine starting and staying with the 87 ECM. I wouldn't try starting it with a chip that is not right for your injectors...

So long as your chip is burned for your injectors and setup....you will be fine starting and staying with the 87 ECM. I wouldn't try starting it with a chip that is not right for your injectors...
K thanks, so should I use my stock fpr when first start up, I have an adjustable fpr but I haven't installed it yet

You could...but not really nessacary....so long as you have a fuel pressure gauge and can get it set right away.

Does anyone know where these lines go, a diagram would be nice. And what are these things called?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Pic 1--vacuum cannister for hvac. One line is from vac source (not from a source that sees boost pressure), other goes inside to feed hvac controls
Pic 2--heater control valve. Line should come from hvac controls inside the car
Pic 3--Hobbs switch for digital dash (not sure if this needs to see boost pressure or not....think it does)
Pic 4--line with the T should route from back of intake(boost pressure source) to the MAP sensor...and I think it T's into that Hobbs sw...?

K so on picture 3 I have 2 empty plugs, one I know is for a/c and is the other one the spare digital tach plug?

Looks like the MAP sensor plug...
In the pic for installing the wiring harness 102066 for a electric fan shows two plugs, one for tach gauge and other digital , the one you said the map sensor plug looks like the digital one and the one you said was the digital ( brown plug) shows it's the tach