need some info on cooling fans

turbowidow

i think my low speed fan quit working, the passenger side fan runs- driver's side just sitting there. which relay is for which fan( one relay is mounted next to coolant tank, other one by radiator/battery). need someone to verify which fan and relay is which. also thinking of wiring high speed fan to a switch in the car to turn on when i want, read the thread from the archives, is this still ok to do? all feedback appreciated!

Do not use the "wiring" schematic to allow a switch to be used to turn both fans on........ I followed the suggested "wiring" and the fans would come on when the engine was at 145 degrees. The scheme will allow you to turn both fans on with a perfectly COLD engine, not my idea of a good post,but then I don't post much !!!! TURBOTA

what i was thinking about doing is tapping into high speed fan ground and running to a switch that will complete circuit to ground. i don't want to mess with the fan that is controlled by ecm, and i don't really want to tie them together. the old post i found on here had the fans wired together and it kinda seems like that wouldn't be needed all the time. i did get both fans working again(bad relay), when i went to the parts store i had them look up a fan and they had it- but they only show one part #. i thought that the car has two different SPEED fans, did gm just tweek the voltage to them or are thier two different part #'s for each fan?