Need some help

Sneezy6

Well I was out tonight cruising around with a buddy when, lined up at a red light, I engaged in a wide opwn throttle activity which caused my car to die. There was no sputtering or any unusual sounds. It just died like I had turned the key off. I was able to make it to a side street where the car was parked for approximately 1 hour. There was no leaks or puddles under the car and the engine did not exhibit any signs of overheating. I attempted to start the car with no luck. It cranks over fine and doesn't have any sounds that, in my experience, are indicitive of internal engiene damage. I am not super familiar with these cars yet and I was just wondering if anyone had a good starting point to diagnose the problem. I am not asking for a miricale, and I realize what I am asking is complicated just from reading a thread post, but I was wondering if there was something basic or simple that causes this? My speed at the time was around 65 mph, 5300 rpm, and approximately 18 lbs of boost.

Do you have fuel pressure? Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn key forward?

Possible broken timing chain. Does it turn over real fast when you try to start it?

How about a bit of background on the car??
200K on the speedo, mods, are?
Any data log info?

One of the fuseable links blew. If you did not relocate them, you will have to disconnect the battery and crawl under the car to get to the starter post. The links are the bulges in the wires. I think caspers offers a relocation kit to put them on the fire-wall above the engine for easy access. I had it happen twice in the 30+ years of driving these cars. The last time was very embarrassing, I passed a "granny" driving twenty mph under the speed limit and the car flames-out just after passing. I coasted to the side of the road and she tooled by grinning at me.:eggface:

Background on my car is 87 GN with 84k original miles. Shift kit, TT ecm chip, 42# racetronix injectors, cold air kit, ported throttle body, upgraded fuel pump w/hotwire kit, 980-12 comp cams valve springs, ans adj fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pressure is showimg 38psi, it is getting spark, plugs aren't fried, turbo compressor spims freely w/no play. It doesn't spin faster than normal when I crank it. Battery is obviously good, alternator was charging fine. All I can think of at this point is a sensor of some sort. Again I really appreciate all the help! I am learning as I go here. Up until a few months ago I was a carbed small block chevy guy.

I am going to addresd the crank sensor when I get home. I need to read up on it first

Not like anyone was on the edge of their seat waiting to hear why my car went down but after 2 days of trouble shooting it turns out it was the ignition module. After reading alot of these post, there doesn't seem to be alot of closure to peoples problems. I just wanted to post an outcome in case it helps anyone down the line. I also wanted to thank everyone who did reply for their help and effort!