Need some help/advice

Dennis F

Hey guys, I am looking for a little guidence with my 87 GN. I am going through through the upgrade process and would like to know if I am missing anything (I am sure I am) and maybe just some info if I am heading in the right direction.

A couple years ago I bought some green stripe injectors and never put them in. I also did not have plans to get where I am at currently. Last year the turbo died. Oil everywhere, what a mess.

I ordered a new turbo from FTS, gt3255, but they were out of stock and whatnot. So I got a great deal on a GT 6152e with the 3" inlet 2" outlet. When swapping it in there, the intercooler was nasty so I bought a front mount kit. Got it all together and only running 7 psi off the wastegate spring pressure. Now i have a MBC set at 14psi and the car hauls ass. I also put in a 3" downpipe and a new highflow cat from Kirbans.
I have all the basic gauges, boost, water temp, oil pressure and a volt gauge. I ahve the tie down strap and a new 120 amp alternator for good measure with 2.5" catback dual flowmaster's. FTS chip, I think it is the extender not sure at the moment, and a scanmaster.

I have not done any tuning at all but I took it to a local dyno day with some friends and it did 286hp and 398 ft pds torque. Still on stock fuel. I know this is dangerous but a/f ratio was in check.

1. What injectors are a good choice to go with?
2. Do I need a new chip?
3. I can't seem to find a walbro 340 anywhere, I think I might get a 255hp and hotwire kit from FTS.

What about stall converter. I have no idea how they work and why. Mine is stock and lately I noticed that the 1-2 shift is not as tight anymore once it is warmed up. When I first get it out, I can lite the tires up in 2nd pretty good. Fluid was changed right before winter and has maybe 200 miles on it.

Sorry for the rediculously long post, but I am a newbie in the GN world, but I have had a highly modded DSM for years so I understand turbo talk, just need to learn the curve for this car. Thanks in advance!

Dennis F said:
So I got a great deal on a GT 6152e with the 3" inlet 2" outlet...

1. What injectors are a good choice to go with?
2. Do I need a new chip?
3. I can't seem to find a walbro 340 anywhere, I think I might get a 255hp and hotwire kit from FTS.

What about stall converter. I have no idea how they work and why. Mine is stock and lately I noticed that the 1-2 shift is not as tight anymore once it is warmed up. When I first get it out, I can lite the tires up in 2nd pretty good. Fluid was changed right before winter and has maybe 200 miles on it.

Get at least 50# injectors and a chip to match, keep looking for the walbro, do the hot wire.
With that turbo you may need a bigger stall, 3000 maybe. You might be looking at a rebuild if it is slipping :(
HTH