Need some combination help

Super Kaz

Here's my set-up right now. Goal is to hit 10's with stock longblock. o_O

87 gn motor and trans.
Stock longblock with the heads just redone. No port work.
RJC power plate
42# injectors with TT 5.7 chip
Accufab Regulator
Racetronix 255 pump with hot wire kt
te44 turbo
3" cold air kit
Rest is stock.

This is what I got going on.

Precision Pt 54 Turbo
3" TH down pipe
3" ATR cat-back with dump pipe
Precision front mount
Razor meth kit-Dual nozzle

Next thing I'm ordering is a PTC converter. How far will a 42# injector take me? What size should I step up to?

42's to the mid 11's, maybe low 11's if pushed hard enough. you also wont need a dual nozzle kit. 60lb injectors would suffice for sure without having to mod the ECM(I BELIEVE). Hth

Also, many will ask if you plan to run 10's consistently, or is this just a one time deal. I know for the sure the stock transmission won't like it, even with an upgraded TC.

Also, many will ask if you plan to run 10's consistently, or is this just a one time deal. I know for the sure the stock transmission won't like it, even with an upgraded TC.

Yea I fear it wont last long. Been looking at Extreme Automatics website already.

You've got your work cut out for you. that's for sure.:D

Take a look at this thread right here on the board: Project Car/Build for the board.. "Rusty Silver Bullet" seeking 10's ASAP

I have read it several times and following it very closely. It's what actually got me working on my car again.

I know it's not an easy feat to run 10's, but thought I would give it a try. :D

My friends dad is buying my old turbo and wanted the 42's and chip too. Didn't know to what hp and et there good to on these cars. You think 80's are too big?

With today's chips 80's are no problem. I ran them for almost a year on a car awaiting a supercharger install and they drove like stock with a good tune.

You can get 80's without modding the ecm so might as well get them and be done. With alky, you should have no problem running 80's deep into the 10s after you build another motor after this one. :)

You can get 80's without modding the ecm so might as well get them and be done. With alky, you should have no problem running 80's deep into the 10s after you build another motor after this one. :)

I bought some 55# ones off here with a chip for cheap. Going to put those in for now, sell my te44 and 42# injectors and chip and order some 80# and new chip.

I have faith in this lil motor.. it was built on a wednesday.;)